Intruder!

Old July 3rd 14, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Intruder!

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 02:26:05 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
So I heard a noise. A wowl from Boyfie so I rushed to the door. A cat
was
trying to squeeze itself out of an impossibly small space between my
conservatory and my neighbour's extension about 6 inches. The poor cat
couldn't get out for a while. It's a black longhair that I've not seen
before. I saw its tail dangling while it struggled to escape, well its
tail
is black..

I think that struggly kitty butts are cute. Buster does something like
that
diving under the sofa when the vacuum comes out.

I think that Boyfriend would accept another cat, given time and some
compatibility. He was so very good to KFC.

I saw a cat wandering down the road today that might be him. Mainly black,
long hairish with a fluffy tail. He was a very big cat. He had a collar
on so he is likely to be owned nearby. He looked elderly.

Old July 6th 14, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 03:49:30 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I saw a cat wandering down the road today that might be him. Mainly black,
long hairish with a fluffy tail. He was a very big cat. He had a collar
on so he is likely to be owned nearby. He looked elderly.

Personally, I think that if you were able to get a cat from a shelter, that
would be just as good as a cat coming to your doorstep.

I'm sure that stray kitties must get picked up there from time to time, and
either way, they're stray cats, or cats that have lost their homes.
Old July 6th 14, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

I agree with Tac. When Amber died I got Sweetie Pie from a shelter. She was in a cage and at ten years wasn't likeley to be taken because most people are looking for kittens. She is a wonderful and loving cat.
Old February 11th 15, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

When Boyfie was a lost boy he liked to sleep in my conservatory which he
could make a quick escape from if I appeared. For some reason he liked to
meatloaf on top of the freezer in there so I gave him a blanket on it.

He often perches on it, waiting for me to open the back door. He rarely
meows to come in. He has a new quilted blanket (last week) and now that
the weather is 20C he's decided he might prefer to meatloaf on that for a
while rather than coming straight back in.
So I heard a noise. A wowl from Boyfie so I rushed to the door. A cat
was
trying to squeeze itself out of an impossibly small space between my
conservatory and my neighbour's extension about 6 inches. The poor cat
couldn't get out for a while. It's a black longhair that I've not seen
before. I saw its tail dangling while it struggled to escape, well its
tail
is black..
Boyfie was absolutely furious. He did that sing song thing that says
"come
near my house and you are are dead"

However that is exactly how he came here, sleeping in my conservatory and
escaping through the window when I opened the back door.

I'd like to have another cat. I always said I would wait until one came.
I don't really know if its a lost cat but coming inside my conservatory
just
like Boyfie did when he was desperate?
It could be a neighbourhood cat exploring I suppose but I've never seen it
before.
If he comes again I don't know what to do. Boyfie made it clear that he
is
not welcome.

Tweed

~~~~~~~~
It's possible that Boyfie might adjust to the intruder after a few visits.
Maybe this is "the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

MaryL

I don't think so. He doesn't have any intention of sharing his house with
anycat. He's totally forgotten about Kitty farmCat letting hin into her
house