Dilemma

Old March 5th 15, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Dilemma

Koala needs a playmate! He is constantly pestering Pickles or me to
play with him. I do when I can, but I have other things to do, and not
a lot of energy. Pickles isn't interesting. Obviously, the solution
would be to get another kitten. However, neither Pickles nor I are up
to that.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old March 6th 15, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/5/2015 6:30 PM, Joy wrote:
Koala needs a playmate! He is constantly pestering Pickles or me to
play with him. I do when I can, but I have other things to do, and not
a lot of energy. Pickles isn't interesting. Obviously, the solution
would be to get another kitten. However, neither Pickles nor I are up
to that.

Get some interactive toys? There are tons of them.

I've never really had to keep a young cat entertained. Persia was
pretty laid back. She did like it when I tossed toy mousies for her. A
friend once sent me a little battery operated faux hamster in a plastic
ball that rolled around the floor. She found that quite interesting.
Well, for a little while, anyway. She wasn't much for playing but it
sounds like something Koala might like.

Good luck!

Jill

Old March 6th 15, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 3/11/2015 9:03 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 3/5/2015 6:30 PM, Joy wrote:
Koala needs a playmate! He is constantly pestering Pickles or me to
play with him. I do when I can, but I have other things to do, and not
a lot of energy. Pickles isn't interesting. Obviously, the solution
would be to get another kitten. However, neither Pickles nor I are up
to that.

Get some interactive toys? There are tons of them.

I've never really had to keep a young cat entertained. Persia was pretty
laid back. She did like it when I tossed toy mousies for her. A friend
once sent me a little battery operated faux hamster in a plastic ball
that rolled around the floor. She found that quite interesting. Well,
for a little while, anyway. She wasn't much for playing but it sounds
like something Koala might like.

Good luck!

Jill

Pit2nya's favorite toy is the Cat Dancer. It's the cheapest toy around.
She will entertain herself with it, carrying it around, and chasing after
one end or the other.
I attached a feathery thing to one end. and that upped the play value.

Sylvia

Thank you both for the suggestions. I was thinking this evening, it's
too bad that play dates for kittens are impractical. ;-)

Old March 6th 15, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
Koala needs a playmate! He is constantly pestering Pickles or me to play
with him. I do when I can, but I have other things to do, and not a lot
of energy. Pickles isn't interesting. Obviously, the solution would be
to get another kitten. However, neither Pickles nor I are up to that.

Difficult. Interactive cat toy?
I'd like another boy myself but like yourself I'm not up to a kitten. I'd
like to save a badboy unneutered cat but Boyfie says no, in your dreams. I
will fight anycat who comes.
He's forgotten he was unneutered when he came here and how difficult he was.
He was never a bad boy, though. He knows how to behave in a house. He
might have sprayed when he was intact but he never did. He says only dirty
boys do that.

Old March 7th 15, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:30:39 -0800, Joy wrote:
Koala needs a playmate! He is constantly pestering Pickles or me to
play with him. I do when I can, but I have other things to do, and not
a lot of energy. Pickles isn't interesting. Obviously, the solution
would be to get another kitten. However, neither Pickles nor I are up
to that.

He sounds darling. How are you playing with him now? If you're playing
chase and tag games with him, I imagine you'd be running out of energy.
Old March 7th 15, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 3/5/2015 6:30 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

A friend's dog not only has play dates, but birthday parties with other
dogs ;-)

Old March 7th 15, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 3/7/2015 5:20 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:30:39 -0800, Joy wrote:
Koala needs a playmate! He is constantly pestering Pickles or me to
play with him. I do when I can, but I have other things to do, and not
a lot of energy. Pickles isn't interesting. Obviously, the solution
would be to get another kitten. However, neither Pickles nor I are up
to that.

He sounds darling. How are you playing with him now? If you're playing
chase and tag games with him, I imagine you'd be running out of energy.

His favorite toy is a feather on a stick that has lost its feather. It
still has a weight and bell on the end of the string. He'll play with
it by himself, but he wants me to swing it back and forth for him. I
usually do it in the hallway. Sometimes he'll run back and forth to
chase it. Sometimes he'll stand up on his hind legs and bat at it if I
swing it over his head. Sometimes he just sits and watches it. But he
wants me to do that every time I stand up.

Joy

Old March 7th 15, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 3/5/2015 6:30 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

That's cute, but I think dogs are easier to manage in this respect than
cats are. One problem is that Koala started out as a feral, and
although he has become considerably domesticated in the 8 1/2 months
I've had him, I still can't pick him up. He has been on my lap - or
rather my legs, when they're stretched out on the footrest of my
recliner - three times. He has spent most of the night on my bed for
quite some time now, and for the past week or so, he spends the first
part of the night snuggled up against my rear or the back of my legs.

Joy

Old March 8th 15, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 3/5/2015 6:30 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

That is progress!

Sylvia

Old March 8th 15, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 3/5/2015 6:30 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

Definitely. At night I lie there feeling him snuggled up against me and
remember the scared kitty that hid under the bed if I even looked in his
direction.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Cat feeding dilemma jmc Cat health & behaviour 17 February 26th 09 04:24 AM
Dilemma - OT [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 July 30th 04 01:04 AM
Cat dilemma.. Todd Cat health & behaviour 32 January 26th 04 01:05 AM
Dilemma Yoj Cat anecdotes 22 November 6th 03 08:37 PM
Feeding dilemma Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 July 22nd 03 08:31 PM