anybody there?

Old July 22nd 04, 04:21 AM
Betsy

Default anybody there?

Can nobody give me any information about intestinal lymphoma? My cat is
scheduled for surgery on Friday and I admit I'm a bit depressed that nobody
has responded. Please consider sharing your stories with me!

Old July 22nd 04, 05:06 AM
Peter Georgeu

In article , -0 said...
Can nobody give me any information about intestinal lymphoma? My cat is
scheduled for surgery on Friday and I admit I'm a bit depressed that nobody
has responded. Please consider sharing your stories with me!

Sorry to hear about your cat. Here are a couple of links to browse:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Con...=1&SourceID=42

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body..._lymphoma.html

Here is also an extract from this site:

http://www.zzcat.com/resources/overview.htm

"In one study 7 cats were treated with the COP protocol (cyclophosphamide,
vincristine, and prednisone). Of these 7 cats, 6 achieved remission with a
median duration of remission lasted 19 weeks. The grade of intestinal lymphoma
was not considered.
- In one study, 14 cats were treated with cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and
methotrexate. Median survival time was 12 weeks. The grade of the intestinal
lymphoma was not considered.
- In another study, 132 cats with lymphoma were treated with COP plus
doxorubicin, L-asparaginase, and methotrexate (the "CHOP-like" protocol). Of
this group 125 cats had intestinal lymphoma. Out of the total 132 cats, 67%
achieved remission with a 21-week disease-free interval. Another study using
the same protocol on 21 cats with intestinal lymphoma, only 38% achieved
remission but these cats had disease-free interval of 40 weeks.
- In another study, 25 cats with intestinal lymphoma, 25 of which had high-
grade lymphoma, were treated with COP. Those who achieved complete remission
had a 30-week disease-free interval. The overall median survival when all 25
cats were considered was only 7 weeks.
- Another study looked at 11 cats with high-grade intestinal lymphoma treated
with COP plus doxorubicin and L-asparaginase. Only 18% achieved complete
remission. Median survival was only 11 weeks.
- As for low-grade intestinal lymphoma, a study of 50 cats included 36 treated
with prednisone and chlorambucil. Here, 69% achieved complete remission for a
median duration of 20.5 months"

As you can see the grade of the lymphoma is very much indicative of the period
of remission.

Wishing you all the best,

Peter

Old July 22nd 04, 03:32 PM
Betsy

Thank you, this is very helpful.

In article , -0 said...

Old July 22nd 04, 06:59 PM
Marievulsion

My cat is
scheduled for surgery on Friday and I admit I'm a bit depressed that nobody
has responded. Please consider sharing your stories with me!

I have no experience with this condition to share. But I do hope all goes well
with kitty (and you too!) on Friday. Me and my crew will keep our paws
crossed.