there is goodness in this world

Old September 19th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc
the furor

Default there is goodness in this world

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...shelters_x.htm

Old September 19th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.pets.cats.misc
Calvin

the furor wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...shelters_x.htm

Nice as this is, and hopefully there will be much more of it,
in the interest of eliminating the euthanizing of cats, here
is a more modest suggestion. Find a wooded area in some
part of the country where land is cheap, and build a cat-proof
fence around it. I know it can be done cheaply. I have a cat
proof fence around my backyard, where I keep seven cats,
who also have the run of my downstairs indoor area. (Three
other cats are free in the upstairs and outdoors.)

When a stray cat is captured, spay/neuter it in as humane and
comfortable way as it can be done, and after its recovery release
it to the wild within this area. Maintain plenty of dry food and
water at various points around the perimeter of the area, and
leave the cats to their own lives.

Any rich person could provide and maintain such cat colonies
at negligible expense. The Bill Gates Foundation could do
enough of this to eliminate all cat euthanizing (for other than
hopeless health conditions) in the U.S. indefinitely, with the
expense of it not even being noticed by the Foundation.

If I was rich, this is what I would do.

Old September 20th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.pets.cats.misc
the furor

Calvin wrote:
the furor wrote:
[...]

brilliant idea. i agree with this.

Old September 21st 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.pets.cats.misc
Tom+Gracie+Jenny

the furor wrote:
Calvin wrote:
the furor wrote:
[...]

What an amazing idea. I love it.

Old September 22nd 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.pets.cats.misc
[email protected]

Calvin ha escrito:

the furor wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...shelters_x.htm

Nice as this is, and hopefully there will be much more of it,
in the interest of eliminating the euthanizing of cats, here
is a more modest suggestion. Find a wooded area in some
part of the country where land is cheap, and build a cat-proof
fence around it. I know it can be done cheaply. I have a cat
proof fence around my backyard, where I keep seven cats,
who also have the run of my downstairs indoor area. (Three
other cats are free in the upstairs and outdoors.)

it is a well known fact that excessive exposure to cats produces
schitzophrenia cuz of compenents in cat poo and as you said you sleep
with 10 cats. you're done, mate, have you already started seeing flying
orangutans?