"The Russian Blue" book, anyone?

Old February 26th 04, 10:02 PM
kilikini

Aloha Tim (and for all of you NG people - I'm only top-posting because the
thread will make more sense this way now it's been started.)

Thanks for the encouraging words. My cats are still doing well and are now
even sleeping with me at night, which they've NEVER done before. I think
they are going to be permanent indoor cats from now on. Well, at least one
of them will be. If I ever get the chance to buy my own property and build
a house I think I'll let my female orange-striped cat out. My black and
white is just loving being indoors. My only problem with her is that she's
getting extremely interested in what I'm making and eating for dinner! LOL.
And she's loudly announcing her presence as she's waiting for a piece of
food to fall her way. g Yesterday I found her observing me from the
kitchen counter (what bit of counterspace I have in this box) and she's
never done that before! Currently, I have each one of my cats on either
side of me as I type - one on the left and one on the right. They always
have to be right by me.

I got fairly angry at Mr. Bob Brenchley. I don't usually do that. The
point I was trying to make was that I was forced to move out of my house
that I'd been in for almost 8 years because the landlady wanted it back for
her son who was getting married. When I took on pets I made a *lifetime*
decision. They're like kids, you don't get rid of them when life becomes
*inconvenient*. It took me a month and a half to even find a place that
would let me take my animals and I'm paying over $500 more a month to do so
for less than half the space I had before. Yes, it's an apartment setting
and my cats aren't free to go out. I could let them out on the lanai, but
if they decide to jump over, well, bye-bye. It's a long drop down. NO
thank you.

There are over 80,000 feral cats on Maui alone. The humane society just
recently built a $250,000 cat house to house all the caught/dropped off,
unwanted cats on the island. Unfortunately, the new cat house along with
the old house, can only hold so many and at least 20 cats are put down
daily. To have Bob make such a suggestion that I should give my cats up
because I can no longer let them outside is ludicrous! They'd most likely
be put down! Is having them put down a better thing for them than being
inside where they're loved and cared for? Sorry...........I'm getting
worked up again. Jeesh!

I didn't mean to rant on because of some trolling, closed-minded person and
I appreciate all the kind words everyone gave me regarding my situation.
Point is, I love my animals and where I go, for better or worse, they go
with me.

kilikini

P.S. Kilikini means Christine in Hawaiian - well it's a diminutive term.
Kilikina technically means Christine. Kilikini is almost like Christy.

"Tropical Tim" wrote in message
m...
Hey Kilikini,
What a drag having to move like that. I've always heard that Hawaii is
costly to live in, but the rent your paying is awesome.

Lots of luck with you cats. All of my cats always live indoors. They
love it. Don't ever listen to that weird dude Bob Brenchley. The dude
is a mess. He's about 5 cans short of a sixpack.

By the way, what does your name mean?

Tim

"kilikini" wrote in message

I've had one of my cats for 8 years and the other for 7 years and since

live in Hawaii it's not a big deal to leave a door open - literally. I

just
moved to an apartment and I don't have the liberty of allowing my cats

the
freedeom to go in and out. Now they have to use a litterbox and the

outside
is a vague memory to them. In all honesty, they are flourishing! My

cats
used to be feral; I rescued them when each one was about 10 weeks old.

For
never being cooped up before, I think they love it. They seek out more
attention, they're more loving, they purr more loudly, they are eating
better and their personalities are really coming out. I think they feel
more secure. They're even learning to get along with the dog.......but
that's another story. g

kilikini

Old February 27th 04, 02:06 PM
Diana

John Smith at wrote on2/26/04 6:45 AM:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:02:07 +0000, in article
, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On 24 Feb 2004 21:18:18 -0800,
(lakinapook) wrote:

Don't listen to this idiot.

While Googling I came across this very interesting link about "Bob
Brenchley" which includes a lovely picture of this repulsive idiot.

Seems our resident troll Bob has quite a history of being a moron.

Enjoy!

http://badtux.net/bob-faq.html

Well, I don't go along with Brenchley's put-downs of people with whom he
disagrees, and certainly cats should not be given chocolate, and on occasion
he does, IMO, cross the line from strongly opinionated to flamingly fanatic.
But all that said, I kind of hate to see the bad rap about him on Google, as
if all he ever did was troll. I think the guy has a clever sense of humor,
a right to express himself in this forum, and the occasional productive
remarks to contribute. He's been on here forever, and (all of those aliases
aside, not of which I've encountered that I know of) can always be counted
on to be precisely and unashamedly himself. I prefer to think of him not as
a troll, but as a colorful character. But that's just me.
--
Diana

Portal To My Pages
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/r/drdrive/

Old February 27th 04, 02:06 PM
Diana

John Smith at wrote on2/26/04 6:45 AM:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:02:07 +0000, in article
, Bob Brenchley.

Old February 27th 04, 07:09 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:45:47 +0000, John Smith wrote:

, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On 24 Feb 2004 21:18:18 -0800, (lakinapook) wrote:

Don't listen to this idiot.

While Googling I came across this very interesting link about "Bob
Brenchley" which includes a lovely picture of this repulsive idiot.

Abuse Report Filed.

--
Bob.

Your stupidity sets new standards - even for Usenet.

Old February 27th 04, 07:14 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:45:31 +0000, John Smith wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:50:24 +0000, in article
, Bob Brenchley.

Old February 27th 04, 07:24 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:02:36 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

"Tropical Tim" wrote in message
om...
Hey Kilikini,
What a drag having to move like that. I've always heard that Hawaii is
costly to live in, but the rent your paying is awesome.

Lots of luck with you cats. All of my cats always live indoors. They
love it. Don't ever listen to that weird dude Bob Brenchley. The dude
is a mess. He's about 5 cans short of a sixpack.

By the way, what does your name mean?

Tim

"kilikini" wrote in message

.. .
[...]

Moronic posting style corrected. You have been charged $25 for this
service, please remit by international money order as a donation to
Cats Protection (cats.org.uk) within the next 7 days. Be warned that
repeated use of this service will incur a escalating rate of charges.

Aloha Tim (and for all of you NG people - I'm only top-posting because the
thread will make more sense this way now it's been started.)

You show both your stupidity and selfishness.

Thanks for the encouraging words. My cats are still doing well and are now
even sleeping with me at night, which they've NEVER done before. I think
they are going to be permanent indoor cats from now on.

That shows you as an animal abuser, not a fit owner for cats.

Well, at least one
of them will be. If I ever get the chance to buy my own property and build
a house I think I'll let my female orange-striped cat out. My black and
white is just loving being indoors.

Sadly there are too many animal abusers who delude themselves as you
are.

I got fairly angry at Mr. Bob Brenchley.

There is no full-stop after Mr in the english language.

I don't usually do that. The
point I was trying to make was that I was forced to move out of my house
that I'd been in for almost 8 years because the landlady wanted it back for
her son who was getting married. When I took on pets I made a *lifetime*
decision. They're like kids, you don't get rid of them when life becomes
*inconvenient*.

Then it was YOUR responsibility to find a place to live where your
cats would get a proper life. You being to lazy to do that now causes
suffering for your cats.

It took me a month and a half to even find a place that
would let me take my animals and I'm paying over $500 more a month to do so
for less than half the space I had before. Yes, it's an apartment setting
and my cats aren't free to go out.

Then you should either find proper accommodation for you and the cats,
or find new homes for the cats. Why should they suffer because of you?

I could let them out on the lanai, but
if they decide to jump over, well, bye-bye. It's a long drop down. NO
thank you.

There are over 80,000 feral cats on Maui alone. The humane society just
recently built a $250,000 cat house to house all the caught/dropped off,
unwanted cats on the island. Unfortunately, the new cat house along with
the old house, can only hold so many and at least 20 cats are put down
daily.

That is unacceptable and show how lazy your local shelters are being.
Only one of our major animal rescue organizations (none of which
receive a penny of government money) still puts animals to sleep. For
2002, the latest year that figures are currently available for, the
RSPCA put down less that 1,200 nation-wide in the whole year. That
works out a just over 3 per day - for a country the size of the UK.
And believe me, we find even that 1,200 a totally unacceptable figure.

And remember, none of our shelters will normally home a healthy cat
indoors only.

To have Bob make such a suggestion that I should give my cats up
because I can no longer let them outside is ludicrous!

Your cats have rights. You have the responsibility to make sure they
get a proper life.

They'd most likely
be put down! Is having them put down a better thing for them than being
inside where they're loved and cared for?

In my opinion - yes. The systematic cruelty you inflict of your cats
by depriving them of a proper life is not acceptable.

Sorry...........I'm getting
worked up again. Jeesh!

I didn't mean to rant on because of some trolling, closed-minded person and
I appreciate all the kind words everyone gave me regarding my situation.
Point is, I love my animals and where I go, for better or worse, they go
with me.

kilikini

P.S. Kilikini means Christine in Hawaiian - well it's a diminutive term.
Kilikina technically means Christine. Kilikini is almost like Christy.

It has now taken on a new meaning - animal abuser.

--
Bob.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
public.

Old February 27th 04, 07:46 PM
StocksRusĀ®

Bob Brenchley. wrote in
:

wrote:

"Tropical Tim" wrote in message
. com...
Hey Kilikini,
What a drag having to move like that. I've always heard that Hawaii
is costly to live in, but the rent your paying is awesome.

Lots of luck with you cats. All of my cats always live indoors. They
love it. Don't ever listen to that weird dude Bob Brenchley. The
dude is a mess. He's about 5 cans short of a sixpack.

By the way, what does your name mean?

Tim

"kilikini" wrote in message

. ..
[...]

Ya know Bob, I agree that some cats need an outdoor life, but you are an
idiot

--
StocksRusĀ®