Katrina pets. Can you help?

Old September 8th 05, 07:41 PM
Alison

Default Katrina pets. Can you help?

This is being posted around the pet forums .

-----------------------
On Sunday, September 4, I found out that my ex-husband and mother
had been rescued by helicopter from #87 Allard , Apt. A. My dog, Max-
a-million, a young Dalmation with black ears and black eyes was
being cared for by my ex-husband while I visited my daughter in Los
Angeles. He is probably stuck on Allard along with a ferret named Fe-
Fe. Please attempt to rescue him. I'm offering a $200 reward and he
has a microchip from Prytania Vets. but my cell number 504-458-3354
is not working. My new cell # is 254-315-8169. I have pretty much
lost everything that I had and my ex-husband and mother are still
missing. Please help me find Max. I love him very much. Thank you.
Betty Avery

-----------

HELP PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Date: 2005-09-06, 2:46PM CDT

I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT IS GOING ON.

I was in Waveland this morning (I`m a news reporter). There are
dozens of injured and emaciated dogs and cats roaming the streets
and the beach, and NO animal rescue is doing anything for them. The
Waveland shelter is closed, the animals have no food and water. When
I stopped my car, I was immediately surrounded by half a dozen
friendly dogs - labs, australian shepherds, dachshunds - who have
been abandoned by their owners and now are looking for help since
seven days now!!!

I took two of the most serious injured to the Humane Society shelter
in Gulfport, but they are already at capacity.

I will bring a trunk full of dog and cat food and water tomorrow
early morning into Waveland again and will try to help those pets as
good as I can. But I`m basically on my own.

I intend to bring out two more injured dogs/cats on my way back to
Mobile.

Is there ANYONE in Mobile or surroundings willing to take one or two
and foster them back to health? I will even bring them to Mobile.

I´m from Phoenix and have to return Friday.

I cannot understand why NO rescue organisation is present down
there.

Anyone able to help email me today or call my cell 602-6906657.
God bless!

If you have a pet that is lost or left in New Orleans and want to get
it out, the number to call is (225) 578-6111. The SPCA is going in to
get your pets for you. They are being helped by the police and are
going in to save your pets. Please pass this number out to anyone
you know who is looking for their pet(s). (225) 578-6111
Laura's Mahoney's cell number is: (225) 413-8813 if you want to talk
to her directly. She is with the LA SPCA heading up the rescue
center at LSU Ag Center/Parker Coliseum and the Lamar Dixon Center.
These are messages posted on
from small rescue folks and kind individuals on the front
line....please cross-post everywhere

-----------

12985. pets need help
by glendahern, 9/5/05 8:59 ET
I'm taking care of over 30 dogs left behind by owners. Chopper pilot
dropped off 50 + dogs he rescued at Little farms playground Thursday
night. Been trying to go to the FEMA station several times a day for
ice / water and MRE's then going through the neighborhood looking for
people who need them. If you can make any type of contact with dog
food companies for supplies, it would help. If you have any luck,
have some dropped at
145 Little Farms ave. River Ridge, La 70123. I can't believe how many
dog were left behind both in yards and locked in houses. We've broken
into several houses to feed and water dogs. Help!

--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/