Is my cat sick?

Old October 28th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Fattush

Default Is my cat sick?

On Oct 23, 4:06*pm, Welsh Dog wrote:
I've had a little female cat since she was a kitten. She was feral and
abandoned under a bush by her mother so we took her in, bathed her to
kill off the fleas and had her spayed... that was 4 years ago.

She's not exactly 'friendly' most of the time, preferring to come and
go as she pleases tho *is* friendly with my 12 year old daughter,
allowing only her to carry her, and sleeping on her bed during the
day.

After a few years insisting on only eating 'Whiskas, we tried her on
Purina dry food which she really took to and refuses to eat anything
else we give her (tho is till partial to birds lizards, mice etc she
catches herself). She has fresh water available of course but
otherwise that's all we give her.

Problem is that she has taken to regularly throwing up... often just
after eating. This might not be as bad as it sounds since our dogs
clean up after her... except of course unless she has something wrong
with her.

She doesn't throw up after *every* meal... maybe once a week or so...
but it's still a concern and we're wondering what we should do about
it - if anything. Other than this occasional problem... and forgetting
she's 'house trained' now and then... she's pretty much a healthy
animal, if skittish.

Should we be worried??

Welshdog
--

News and views... for people like youse!!

Australian Opinion
(http://australianopinion.com)

Not as strange as it looks!

You should probably discuss this with a vet.

I am wondering . . . does she have hair balls? That would make a cat
vomit.