And...

Old April 21st 10, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Apple Crisp

Yowie wrote:

Matthew typed:

"Yowie" wrote in message

Matthew typed:

INGREDIENTS FOR ONE BATCH OF APPLE CRISP:
[snip]

isnt' that just Apple Crumble?

close to it

Wassa difference then?

Matthew's in the US and you're in Australia?

Joyce

--
Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
Old April 21st 10, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default To All Please

Yowie wrote:

There's a subtle but distinct difference between the group falling victim to
troll and the group toying with a troll. Lee fully admits she needs
somethign to cheer her up and amuse herself after TV passed away, and I can
forgive her for that. And to be honest there's something viscerally
satisfying about watching a troll being thoroughly outwitted by his/her
intended victims. As Lee said, once she's tired of the game, she'll
killfile.... then the thread will be dead anyway.

I agree. The troll didn't get us fighting with each other, which is
usually the aim. And even though I'm not desperately in need of a
distraction at the moment, I had fun with him/her/it, too.

Joyce

Old April 21st 10, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message

Yowie wrote:

Matthew typed:

"Yowie" wrote in message

Matthew typed:

INGREDIENTS FOR ONE BATCH OF APPLE CRISP:
[snip]

isnt' that just Apple Crumble?

close to it

Wassa difference then?

Matthew's in the US and you're in Australia?

pthpthpthpthpthpth

(thats the sound of me sticking out my toungue and blowing a raspberry at
you)

;-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old April 21st 10, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Letting the mystery be (was: And...)

On Apr 20, 8:01*pm, wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

* Ok, you are right about evolutionary biology and may be right about
* the metaphysical.

* About the latter, I'm in the "let the mystery BE" camp.

Me, too! I love that song.

I understand why people are angry at organized religions, considering
all the crap they do. But making fun of people because you think their
beliefs are stupid? Give me a break. What a lame reason to get on
someone's case. I don't believe what everyone else believes, either -
so what? It doesn't matter whether someone believes in God, the spirits
of trees, or the Great Pumpkin - if they derive strength from that
belief, that's what matters, unless they try to control people's lives
or harm them with those beliefs.

Besides, it always makes me laugh when someone states in no uncertain
terms that There Is No God. Oh really? Where'd you get that information?
Show me the evidence! (I laugh just as much at people who state in the
same terms that There Is A God - same reason.)

Not just "There is a god" but the god's name, gender and who he wants
us to persecute. Sorry, all-powerful being dude, you can do your OWN
persecuting. There are many wonderful people who believe in a deity
and many wonderful people who don't.

Sometimes I'm a Wiccan and sometimes I'm a Buddist and if someone
wants to make trouble for the Jews, I remember I'm a Jew. Or if I want
some good creplach or stuffed cabbage (although my ancestors learned
the latter from their Roman Catholic neighbors in Poland)

The Mother is Mary, the Virgin is the Goddess and they may only be in
our hearts. But if they make our hears kinder, let them be there.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 21st 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

Default And...

An article that violated bt.com's terms of service by falsifying a mail address
in the headers.
Old April 21st 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

thanks, and i love your sig, blue tooth head sets have done more for human
peace than almost anything else, Lee

Old April 21st 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
In g.com,
Matthew typed:
"Yowie" wrote in message
In g.com,
Matthew typed:
INGREDIENTS FOR ONE BATCH OF APPLE CRISP:

1 cup (125 g / 4 oz) all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cup (330 g / 12 oz) lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup (90 g / 3 oz) oatmeal
1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 ml) apple pie spice (or substitute your
favourite) 2/3 cup (150 g / 5 oz) softened butter or margarine

6-8 medium apples
lemon juice (optional)

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C.) Grease a 9" x 13" (20 x 30 cm) baking
dish.
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in the butter. I
just do this with a dinner fork. You don't need a fancy pastry
blender or anything. It doesn't have to be perfect, but try not to
have any really large lumps in it. Set aside this crumb mixture
while you prepare the apples.
Pare, core and slice apples. I make them a little on the thick side
because I like to take a bite of a good chunk of apple when I'm
eating, but if you have the patience to slice them thinly and you
like your apple crisp that way, you should go ahead and prepare them
that way. Feel free to use your food processor to cut down on
slicing time!
At this point you can squirt a little fresh squeezed or bottled
lemon juice on the apple slices if you like to prevent oxidation,
but this is a matter of personal taste. The apples will change
colour from the spices and the baking anyway. Arrange your sliced
apples in the bottom of your baking dish. Again you can get really
pretty with this and arrange all your uniformly cut slices so they
overlap in the pan, but you don't have to. Unless you're shooting a
cooking video nobody will ever see your artwork but you.

Drool factor 6

isnt' that just Apple Crumble?

Yowie

close to it

Wassa difference then?

Yowie

Apple Crisp - Same as Apple Crumble, except with a chunkier and more coarse
topping

Apple Crumble- Same as Apple Crisp, except with a smoother, more
breadcrumb-like topping

Apple Cobbler - Similar to an Apple pie, but without a bottom crust. Has a
biscuit-like topping. Biscuit dough looks like cobblestones

Old April 21st 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Move on and get to cooking

On Apr 20, 11:14*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message

Leave the troll and dousche bag hunting to me and a few others
in the other
groups. *We do such a good job there making them cry and hide in
the corner
suckng their thumbs from the mental scale down they get.
We have enough assjacks that won't leave already Don't encourage
them
Please or if you have to. *At least post a recipe to try and
beat my recipes
in drool factor *evil grin *;-)

Now that the douchebag has been flushed out of his hole, I have a
recipe challenge. Every now and again something called Herman pops up.
It's some kind of starter that you have to "feed" with sugar or some
such thing, and you can take from him and use to make all kinds of
stuff. I've been looking for the recipe for eons; it was one of the
many things lost from my mother when she got sick, and her husband
wanted to get rid of the evidence she existed before she ceased to be.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old April 21st 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Stormmee" wrote in message
even the pathetic attempts at cruelty didn't meet some other
better schooled trolls, kinda sad when you can't even be mid range
in the troll world, Lee

Well, at least he allowed us to amuse ourselves for a day.

Jo

Old April 21st 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Matthew" wrote in message

[...]

The only thing like that I know of is sourdough starter, and I think
its Marina that has one working right now.

Makes wonderful pancakes in addition to great breads.

Jo