It's only thunder.........

Old January 4th 05, 04:06 AM
Mischief

Default It's only thunder.........

Mischief was napping peacefully on my bed while I was reading Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when an enormous clap of thunder
sounded overhead.

Se didn't jump, but her ears perked up VERY ATTENTIVELY and she looked
around searching for the source of that noise.

Imp on the other hand, hightailed it off the bed and proceeded to
squeeze under it.

Guys, it's only thunder.........

Kristi

Old January 4th 05, 04:38 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old January 4th 05, 04:48 AM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:38:19 -0600, John F. Eldredge
yodeled:

On 3 Jan 2005 20:06:22 -0800, "Mischief"
wrote:

Mischief was napping peacefully on my bed while I was reading Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when an enormous clap of thunder
sounded overhead.

Se didn't jump, but her ears perked up VERY ATTENTIVELY and she
looked around searching for the source of that noise.

Imp on the other hand, hightailed it off the bed and proceeded to
squeeze under it.

Guys, it's only thunder.........

I used to work for a man who had a large mixed-breed dog, probably
weighing 50 to 60 lbs. If a thunderstorm came along, the dog would
crawl under his bed and howl until the thunder stopped.

I always hear people talk about "big dogs in small bodies." I've
seen a lot more "complete knock-kneed wusses in mutant timber wolf
bodies."

Theresa
Old January 4th 05, 05:28 AM
Yowie

wrote:

Mischief was napping peacefully on my bed while I was reading Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when an enormous clap of thunder
sounded overhead.

Se didn't jump, but her ears perked up VERY ATTENTIVELY and she
looked around searching for the source of that noise.

Imp on the other hand, hightailed it off the bed and proceeded to
squeeze under it.

Guys, it's only thunder.........

I used to work for a man who had a large mixed-breed dog, probably
weighing 50 to 60 lbs. If a thunderstorm came along, the dog would
crawl under his bed and howl until the thunder stopped.

I always hear people talk about "big dogs in small bodies." I've
seen a lot more "complete knock-kneed wusses in mutant timber wolf
bodies."

Ah! The perfect description of Fluffy! One of the Pizza Delivery guys won't
come to our door because of Fluff (he'll ring on his cell phone and we have
to go out to the street and to his car to collect it) but dear old Fluff
wouldn't know what to do with herself if he took a step towards her. Well,
except for maybe try to steal the pizza. She's a lovable, patient, friendly
& compassionate creature, but she is *not* a brave one!

Yowie

Old January 4th 05, 06:13 AM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
Mischief was napping peacefully on my bed while I was reading Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when an enormous clap of thunder
sounded overhead.

Se didn't jump, but her ears perked up VERY ATTENTIVELY and she looked
around searching for the source of that noise.

Imp on the other hand, hightailed it off the bed and proceeded to
squeeze under it.

Guys, it's only thunder.........

Kristi

Persia *hates* thunder. I don't know if it's a result of her having been
dumped and having to deal with "weather" or what. She jumps at the first
sign of thunder and runs and hides under the bed or behind my desk.

BUT - when we had a tornado come ripping through here back in 1998 and I
climbed into the bathtub (don't laugh - it's in the center of the apartment,
no windows, pipes in the walls, the safest place)... I worried "how the hell
am I going to get Persia in here with me?" I didn't have to worry. Despite
the sound like a freight train she came in and hunkered down between the tub
and the toilet. Go figure

Jill

Old January 4th 05, 06:43 AM
jmcquown

jmcquown wrote:
Mischief wrote:
[...]

What am I SAYING? Persia wasn't here in 1998! I meant 2002 LOL

Jill (time to go to bed now)

Old January 4th 05, 03:34 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 00:13:42 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Mischief wrote:
Mischief was napping peacefully on my bed while I was reading Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when an enormous clap of thunder
sounded overhead.

Se didn't jump, but her ears perked up VERY ATTENTIVELY and she looked
around searching for the source of that noise.

Imp on the other hand, hightailed it off the bed and proceeded to
squeeze under it.

Guys, it's only thunder.........

Kristi

Persia *hates* thunder. I don't know if it's a result of her having been
dumped and having to deal with "weather" or what. She jumps at the first
sign of thunder and runs and hides under the bed or behind my desk.

Stinky goes into "creepin' Jesus" mode and slinks down to the
basement. He doesn't like very hard rain without the thunder, either.
I feel bad to see it, because I know he doesn't prefer to be alone,
and I wonder if he's not more scared by himself down there. So I go
down to check on him, and sure enough, he usually jumps into my arms.
I try to bring him back up, intending to cuddle and fuss over him, but
he always goes slinking back down. So more often than not, if I'm
home, I end up sitting on the basement stairs with him in my lap.

He's not spoiled or anything.

Theresa
Old January 4th 05, 11:48 PM
Jean Hobbs

My labrador Ralph was very brave, but Sam, also a black lab;
would bark like mad when anyone came to the door, sounding
extremely fierce, but when I'd open the door,he would lick them
to death, with that twiting subservient body language that said ,
come in take whatever you want I wont bite, but yes he was a
very loving dog. Jean.P.

Old January 5th 05, 07:47 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

Mischief was napping peacefully on my bed while I was reading Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when an enormous clap of thunder
sounded overhead.

Se didn't jump, but her ears perked up VERY ATTENTIVELY and she looked
around searching for the source of that noise.

Imp on the other hand, hightailed it off the bed and proceeded to
squeeze under it.

Guys, it's only thunder.........

Sounds like my two, who have totally opposite reactions to our many
Oklahoma thunderstorms. Way back when I posted about the time I was
sitting in the recliner during a storm. I had a comforter over my
legs. Sammy was hiding from the storm under it when Little Bit jumped
up so she could get a better view of the lightshow. Course she managed
to land on top of Sammy. Sam, convinced the thunder was now IN instead
of OUT, took off running for safety under the bed. LB levitated and
took off running from the suddenly erupting comforter. And I learned
never to wear short pants during a storm with a comforter over my legs
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: