Thunder Again?!

Old May 13th 05, 09:12 PM
jmcquown

Default Thunder Again?!

Yesterday it was 90F at 7:00 PM. Today it got up to 85F but in the time it
took me to run to the store and back (about 20 minutes) at 2:30 PM the temp
dropped 10 degrees and the clouds were rolling in. Thunder was starting.
When I got home Persia was behind my stereo here in my "office". She
uttered a pitiful meow just as a large roll of thunder came through and ran
out and to the closet door. I dutifully opened the closet and she is now
firmly ensconced back there until she senses the all clear. Poor thing.

I was planning to prepare a simple pasta dish tonight. I haven't cooked
anything in *days*. But now that I'm in the mood, with my luck I'll wind up
with the electric going off and I'll have to eat peanut butter crackers or
something.

For Persia, I can always put her bowl of crunchies IN the closet (Her
diet is going well, by the way. She seems to have figured out how to ration
it since she's only getting 3/4 cup a day now.)

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old May 14th 05, 07:51 AM
Cathy

jmcquown wrote:
Yesterday it was 90F at 7:00 PM. Today it got up to 85F but in the

time it
took me to run to the store and back (about 20 minutes) at 2:30 PM

the temp
dropped 10 degrees and the clouds were rolling in. Thunder was

starting.
When I got home Persia was behind my stereo here in my "office". She
uttered a pitiful meow just as a large roll of thunder came through

and ran
out and to the closet door. I dutifully opened the closet and she is

now
firmly ensconced back there until she senses the all clear. Poor

thing.

Funny how some cats hate thunder and some don't. Our cats Shoes and Sox
are totally different. Shoes runs anywhere he can be near me (usually
under my desk), but Sox just stays wherever he is (usually curled up on
a chair in one of the bedrooms)...but he will come inside if it rains
and he happens to be outside at the time tho'
Cathy

Old May 14th 05, 04:06 PM
jmcquown

Cathy wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Yep, it's funny. Persia has always been afraid of thunder. When I went to
bed last night it had stopped and she joined me. Just as I was dozing off
the next round of storms rolled through and didn't stop until about 6AM.
Persia left and slept in the closet all night

Jill

Old May 14th 05, 11:59 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-14, jmcquown penned:

Yep, it's funny. Persia has always been afraid of thunder. When I
went to bed last night it had stopped and she joined me. Just as I
was dozing off the next round of storms rolled through and didn't
stop until about 6AM. Persia left and slept in the closet all night

Oscar doesn't seem to care about storms, but my dog Puma (RB) was
terrified of storms and fireworks. I still remember how he'd tremble
and rub up against you like he was trying to absorb himself into your
skin. Poor guy. If he was outside during a storm and no one was home
to let him in, he'd escape and try to outrun the storm, always ending
up several miles a way. I love storms, but I couldn't enjoy them with
my poor puppy trembling in fear.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 16th 05, 07:57 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:06:20 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Funny how some cats hate thunder and some don't. Our cats Shoes and
Sox are totally different. Shoes runs anywhere he can be near me
(usually under my desk), but Sox just stays wherever he is (usually
curled up on a chair in one of the bedrooms)...but he will come
inside if it rains and he happens to be outside at the time tho'
Cathy

Yep, it's funny. Persia has always been afraid of thunder. When I went to
bed last night it had stopped and she joined me. Just as I was dozing off
the next round of storms rolled through and didn't stop until about 6AM.
Persia left and slept in the closet all night
Jill

My two girls are exact opposites during storms. LB sits in the window
and watches the lightning. When a storm comes through at night Sammy
joins me under the covers of the bed. During a storm she doesn't want
to cuddle, just wants to be near enough to touch me. Usually she
crawls up from the foot of the bed and lays near my calves, reaching
over to rest her paw on my leg.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old May 18th 05, 05:15 PM
Jane

In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Yesterday it was 90F at 7:00 PM. Today it got up to 85F but in the time it
took me to run to the store and back (about 20 minutes) at 2:30 PM the temp
dropped 10 degrees and the clouds were rolling in. Thunder was starting.
When I got home Persia was behind my stereo here in my "office". She
uttered a pitiful meow just as a large roll of thunder came through and ran
out and to the closet door. I dutifully opened the closet and she is now
firmly ensconced back there until she senses the all clear. Poor thing.

Fin used to slink away and hide when the thunder started. I always felt
so bad for him.

Now Rita, she's a piece of work! The thunder boomed and the lightning
flashed, and she sat in the window watching the whole thing! 'Look
at that funny light, Mommy! I can see the OUT!' She was funny.
She loves to sniff at the OUT as much as Fin did, and just like Fin,
she never tries to get there.

Jane