Checking In

Old June 30th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Checking In

I know I'll never get caught up again just being able to read the group on
weekends (around doing my chores) - so purrs for everyone who needs them.
Can someone tell me if Smudge got home?

Unfortunately, I have more bad news here.

I think I posted about a migraine I had Monday - I had to take off Tuesday
to go to the doctor's office since it wouldn't go away (this is the first
migraine I've had in years, so I didn't have any medication for it at home).
At the doctor's office my blood pressure was 150 over 90 ("normal" for me is
90 over 70)!!! The doctor gave me Relpax, but told me it could raise my
blood pressure. While I was there I mentioned a pain in my stomach I've
been having (and a weird swelling just on one side of my stomach after I
eat - I just wrote it off as a weird side effect of my gastric bypass
surgery from two years ago).

The doctor sent me back to the surgeon who did the surgery (I figured, what
the heck, I better get all medical issues over with before I lose this job
and don't have any insurance). First off, on Wednesday when I saw the
surgeon my blood pressure was 160 over 101!!! Then the surgeon felt my
stomach and said something is definitely amiss. He said it either a hernia,
a tumor, or something that went wrong with the surgery (possibly adhesions).
Whatever it is it, is probable that I'll need surgery. I have to go have a
CT scan tomorrow and a "barium swallow" on Wednesday. My boss won't let me
take just a few hours off each day - he's making me use up my "Paid Time
Off" (PTO) hours which means that's that many fewer hours I'll be able to
take off for job hunting. Then I'll have to use up any time I may have left
if I have surgery done.

Sigh, I guess it never rains but it pours!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 30th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Many purrs for your CT scan. I hope it turns out to be something
simple. Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 30th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
Sigh, I guess it never rains but it pours!

Purrs! Let us know what the tests show.

Victor, hoping it's nothing serious.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 30th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

Can someone tell me if Smudge got home?

No sign of her as yet.

While I was
there I mentioned a pain in my stomach I've been having (and a weird
swelling just on one side of my stomach after I eat - I just wrote it
off as a weird side effect of my gastric bypass surgery from two
years ago).

I can understand that this is really scary, but since you did have this
surgery, the pain and swelling is probably related to that, rather than
being a tumor. I'm really sorry that your doc believes you will need
surgery again. I hope he's wrong!!

The blood pressure thing sounds scary too, but might be due to the
high amount of stress you're under at the moment.

I have to go have a CT scan
tomorrow and a "barium swallow" on Wednesday. My boss won't let me
take just a few hours off each day - he's making me use up my "Paid
Time Off" (PTO) hours which means that's that many fewer hours I'll
be able to take off for job hunting.

Your boss is a class-A pr*ck, if I may say so. Either he has it out for
you, or that's just the kind of jerk he is, but I'm sorry you're working
for him in either case. I hope that in between all this medical stuff,
you can find another job.

Purrs,
Joyce
Old June 30th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

I have to go have a CT scan
tomorrow and a "barium swallow" on Wednesday. My boss won't let me
take just a few hours off each day - he's making me use up my "Paid
Time Off" (PTO) hours which means that's that many fewer hours I'll
be able to take off for job hunting.

Purrs for your health. Ew, barium is so nasty. Chug, chug!

Your boss sounds like an ass. The sooner you are rid of him, the
better. Has he always been like that or has he done a Mr. Hyde in just
the past little while?

--Fil

Old June 30th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

Can someone tell me if Smudge got home?

No sign of her as yet.

I'm so sorry! Still purring that she is just on a walk-about and will turn
up soon!

While I was
there I mentioned a pain in my stomach I've been having (and a weird
swelling just on one side of my stomach after I eat - I just wrote it
off as a weird side effect of my gastric bypass surgery from two
years ago).

I can understand that this is really scary, but since you did have this
surgery, the pain and swelling is probably related to that, rather than
being a tumor. I'm really sorry that your doc believes you will need
surgery again. I hope he's wrong!!

Well, the original surgery was over 2 years ago, so it's anything to do with
that I would think it would be adhesions - I don't think any serious
surgical screw-up would just now be turning up (but with any gastric surgery
there is always the possibility of adhesions forming later).

The blood pressure thing sounds scary too, but might be due to the
high amount of stress you're under at the moment.

I have to go have a CT scan
tomorrow and a "barium swallow" on Wednesday. My boss won't let me
take just a few hours off each day - he's making me use up my "Paid
Time Off" (PTO) hours which means that's that many fewer hours I'll
be able to take off for job hunting.

Your boss is a class-A pr*ck, if I may say so. Either he has it out for
you, or that's just the kind of jerk he is, but I'm sorry you're working
for him in either case. I hope that in between all this medical stuff,
you can find another job.

He may have always been this way, but when I first went to work for him he
didn't have an office - and then he bought out another firm, but the office
was still too small to fit me in among the employees that he needed there.
But now he's leased *HUGE* new office space and all of a sudden he decides
that the job I've been doing perfectly well from home can only be done there
so he can "communicate" with me easier!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Purrs,
Joyce

Old June 30th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

CatNipped wrote:
Sigh, I guess it never rains but it pours!

Anti-surgery purrs on the way!

Old June 30th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

It is awful that you are having to deal with this. At least you still do
have a job and insurance.

Purrs that it isn't hugely serious. Surgery is such a trial even when it is
something fairly simple.

It may be a blessing in the long run that you aren't trying to deal with
part day work and part day medical. It really does add up to all day
stress.

Jo

Just Checking Adrian Cat anecdotes 1 October 18th 05 08:23 PM
Checking in... M Elizabeth Cat anecdotes 18 September 19th 05 04:55 AM
Checking in... Cwazy Zachy :) Cat health & behaviour 0 September 14th 05 07:16 PM
Checking In On Harri Roadcat ChildFree23 Cat community 9 July 5th 05 03:15 AM
Just checking Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 20 June 17th 04 03:03 PM