[OT] This is too much!

Old July 12th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] This is too much!

I called my surgeon's office again this morning and explained *AGAIN*
why I am so anxious to hear my test results and the secretary (I found
out he doesn't have a nurse on staff - more later) said that he is in
surgery for the rest of the week that he only does "clinics" on Mondays
and Tuesdays!!!! She siad *IF* she is still there, and *IF* he comes
back to the office after surgery she would give him my message to call
me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now I'm steaming... I have to wait until *NEXT MONDAY* (*IF* he
bothers to call *THEN*) to hear whether my insides are bursting or
not???!!!

So I called my primary care physician (who is wonderful and has a
wonderful staff) and his nurse immediately called me back. I told her
the whole sad story and she cautioned me that 1) if the surgeon had not
read the reports he was not required to send *anything* back, 2) even
if he *had* read the reports they legally have up to 14 days to send
them, and 3) doctors are *VERY* careful about not stepping on other
doctor's toes so there was only so much *pushing* she could do for me.
But she said she would try her best.

Well, she called the surgeon's office and spoke to the secretary (she
told me this "off the record") and said she was surprised and a bit
shocked that the surgeon didn't have a staff of nurses to phone out
these reports - apparently all he has is a secretary and he has to do
all the phoning himself!!!! [This is a *SURGEON* - who are almost all
zillionaires in the US!!!!] She also said the secretary claimed that
the surgeon kept trying to contact me and couldn't get in touch with me
(BULLSH*T - I've been even bringing my cell phone into the *BATHROOM*
with me - and besides I have a messaging service on *ALL* my phones).

She got the OK (from the secretary!!!) to get the test results but had
to fax me the form (which she kindly marked "urgent") for me to sign
and fax back to the surgeon's office. *HOPEFULLY* someone will be
there to get the fax and then fax the report to my PCP's office.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything (I'm sneaking this
post in from work at lunch, so it may not be until later tonight that I
get a chance to post again).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 12th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default This is too much!

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

OK, this is getting really outrageous! I faxed the (marked "urgent")
form for authorization for disclosure of medical data to the sugeon's
office this morning. My PCP's nurse called me back to tell me they
still haven't gotten anything so I called the surgeon's office again at
2:30PM to make sure they got the fax and they said yes they just got it
(LIARS) but they couldn't send anything because their fax machine was
broken and couldn't send any faxes *out* (*LIARS*, *LIARS*,
"LIARS*!!!). But, they said, the surgeon would call me to tell me my
results (*LIARS*, *LIARS*, "LIARS*, *LIARS*, *LIARS*,
"LIARS*!!!!!!!!!).

I'm still waiting - I called and the office is closed!

I *REALLY* don't want to have to go back for another CT and drink a
gallon of contrast gunk and then go back for another upper and lower GI
and drink a gallon of that barium gunk - but at this point it looks
like that's about my only option by going through another G/I doctor.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 12th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
oups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Well if worst comes to worst, and its getting close, another doctor can get
your results from the test you already had faster than they can get a new
test scheduled and performed.

Not to mention that I somehow don't think you are about to let this
particular surgeon anywhere near you with a scalpel.

The ONLY thing reassuring about this whole mess is that it your condition
were life threatening, I'd guess he would be making more of an effort just
to protect his own ass.

Jo

Old July 12th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
L.

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

I would dump this doctor in a heatbeat. The field is simply way too
competitive to put up with this kind of BS. Sounds like he's
floundering and can't afford a nurse.

-L.

Old July 14th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley2307

"CatNipped" wrote in
oups.com:

CatNipped wrote:
SNIPPED

But, they said, the surgeon would call me to
tell me my results (*LIARS*, *LIARS*, "LIARS*, *LIARS*, *LIARS*,
"LIARS*!!!!!!!!!).

I'm still waiting - I called and the office is closed!

I *REALLY* don't want to have to go back for another CT and drink a
gallon of contrast gunk and then go back for another upper and lower
GI and drink a gallon of that barium gunk - but at this point it looks
like that's about my only option by going through another G/I doctor.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hi there. It sucks being at the mercy of a doctor and his 'staff' (or in
your case, lack of staff!)

Not the same thing, of course, but a couple years ago I had my gall
bladder removed lapriscopily (sp?). There were some loose stones
afterwards, so I had to run around with drainage tubes sticking out of
me for 3 weeks until they got another procedure scheduled. They go down
your throat w/a tube. The tube has a teeny little basket and they gather
the loose stones. That 'procedure' took 3 hours and my hubby was
frantic. This was a Thursday. The surgeon didn't even bother stopping by
the waiting room, where he KNEW Jim was waiting. I couldn't find out til
the following Tuesday evening that it was successful, and the original
surgeon could remove the tubes!

Yours is more scary, but believe me, I understand the frustration and
anger!

--
To reply by email, remove 'nick's

ShirleyB,
Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Old July 15th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:

I called my surgeon's office again this morning and explained *AGAIN*
why I am so anxious to hear my test results and the secretary (I found
out he doesn't have a nurse on staff - more later) said that he is in
surgery for the rest of the week that he only does "clinics" on Mondays
and Tuesdays!!!! She siad *IF* she is still there, and *IF* he comes
back to the office after surgery she would give him my message to call

OK, now I'm steaming... I have to wait until *NEXT MONDAY* (*IF* he
bothers to call *THEN*) to hear whether my insides are bursting or
not???!!!

snip
Hugs,

CatNipped