Molly Played

Old December 25th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Molly Played

Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Now earlier she had spent a good fifteen minutes denuding a catnip plant.
(Camera is still missing) She gets her head in the middle of the plant,
rubs her cheek in the dirt and grazes.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I encouraged a
few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest. She attacked!
Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to me, and
reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed her little
paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled into a circle and
laid down with her back up against my leg.

From this cat this is all such an honor. It was a Christmas gift of the
highest order.

Jo

Old December 25th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-12-25 11:29:51 -0600, "Jo Firey" said:

Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Now earlier she had spent a good fifteen minutes denuding a catnip
plant. (Camera is still missing) She gets her head in the middle of
the plant, rubs her cheek in the dirt and grazes.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I
encouraged a few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest.
She attacked! Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to
me, and reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed
her little paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled
into a circle and laid down with her back up against my leg.

From this cat this is all such an honor. It was a Christmas gift of
the highest order.

Jo

That's the best kind of gift!

Old December 26th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:29:51 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Now earlier she had spent a good fifteen minutes denuding a catnip plant.
(Camera is still missing) She gets her head in the middle of the plant,
rubs her cheek in the dirt and grazes.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I encouraged a
few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest. She attacked!
Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to me, and
reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed her little
paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled into a circle and
laid down with her back up against my leg.

From this cat this is all such an honor. It was a Christmas gift of the
highest order.

Jo

I have a calico cat, too. She's very, very sweet, and can be quite
affectionate...on her terms, of course!

I had her for two years before I could convince her it was OK to get up
on the sofa. She never learned how to play, unfortunately.

I believe she was taught not to get up on ANY furniture from her
previous humans, as she has *never* gotten up on anything but 'her
chair', in the kitchen, and relatively rarely, the sofa.

I have spent the last several year trying to teach her to be a lap
kitty. It's a long story, best suited for another post, but I have had
some real success.

I hope your Molly continues to be more sociable. it takes a *lot* of
time and patience. The results are priceless, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old December 26th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jo Firey" wrote:
Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Now earlier she had spent a good fifteen minutes denuding a catnip plant.
(Camera is still missing) She gets her head in the middle of the plant,
rubs her cheek in the dirt and grazes.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I encouraged a
few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest. She attacked!
Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to me, and
reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed her little
paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled into a circle and
laid down with her back up against my leg.

From this cat this is all such an honor. It was a Christmas gift of the
highest order.

That's wonderful that she's opening up, even if it's under the
influence. I wish that I had that ability. It is a wonderful
Christmas gift to be able to bond a little more, and bring out a bit
more of that confidence, playfulness and love that's is there.

Old December 26th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jo Firey wrote:
Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Now earlier she had spent a good fifteen minutes denuding a catnip plant.
(Camera is still missing) She gets her head in the middle of the plant,
rubs her cheek in the dirt and grazes.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I encouraged a
few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest. She attacked!
Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to me, and
reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed her little
paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled into a circle and
laid down with her back up against my leg.

From this cat this is all such an honor. It was a Christmas gift of the
highest order.

Jo

Awww. That is so precious. The only lap cat I had today was Bozzy.
Yoda stayed to himself, I don't think he feels well becuase that's
unusual for him. Will have to watch him tomorrow. Boots & Frank stayed
hidden all day, but that's the norm for them, they don't like company.
Biskit wasn't very social either.

Sherry

Old December 26th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jo Firey wrote:

Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I encouraged a
few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest. She attacked!
Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to me, and
reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed her little
paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled into a circle and
laid down with her back up against my leg.

That is adorable. I love the reaching out her paw to touch you - how
sweet. And definitely an honor! Sounds like she's well on the way to
becoming a cuddly cat.

Joyce
Old December 26th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:

[...]

I can't see that happening. She is about four years old. Two years feral
including raising kittens, and two years with us. She is sweet but not very
trusting. And she is such a good cat. Too good for her own good if you
know what I mean.

If she were a child she would be diagnosed with attachment disorder. So we
enjoy what she can give us and keep her happy, warm and fed.

Jo

Old December 27th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jo Firey wrote:

Last night while I was sitting in the back room contemplating all that
didn't get done, my little calico girl came in to see what I was up to.

Now earlier she had spent a good fifteen minutes denuding a catnip plant.
(Camera is still missing) She gets her head in the middle of the plant,
rubs her cheek in the dirt and grazes.

Well she looked at me and looked at the blanket next to me. I encouraged a
few bedmice, on the off shot she might show an interest. She attacked!
Killed those suckers.

Then she came to the edge of the blanket which was folded up next to me, and
reached out a paw and touched me. When that worked, she flexed her little
paws and actually kneaded my leg a few times. Then curled into a circle and
laid down with her back up against my leg.

From this cat this is all such an honor. It was a Christmas gift of the
highest order.

Jo

That's wonderful!