Betty's beginning

Old December 27th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Betty's beginning

Marina wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
I'd like to repost some posts from and about when Betty was first
adopted. I've thought so much about Betty's end that I feel that I
need to revisit the beginning too.

I think that is a very good idea, Tak. Every once in a while, I go back
and re-read Frank's chronicles to relive some of our adventures and
revive my earliest memories of Frank and Nikki.

gentle snip

But when the time came that I could recall the beginning on its own as
the joyful time it was, I found I could cut my pain in half. Because
half my thoughts were of Betty's end, and half my thoughts were of
Betty's beginning.

If it is possible to halve the sorrow, maybe someday it will be
possible to halve them again. I'm beginning to think that it is okay
to remember and rejoice in the precious moments Betty and I had
together. This was the way things began for us.

Definitely, it's OK. It sounds like you are finally on the path to
healing. I'm so relieved for you. And thank you for reposting the
beginning of your life with Betty. It made some nice, though
bittersweet, reading. Have you revisited the young black cat that you
met on Thanksgiving? I think you should.

Marina's right. It is definitely okay. I think it's important to
solidify your memories like that. You won't ever lose them, and in that
way you'll always have Betty.
Sherry

Old December 27th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I'd like to repost some posts from and about when Betty was first
adopted. I've thought so much about Betty's end that I feel that I
need to revisit the beginning too.

I'll never have any more new experiences with Betty. These memories
are all I have left. So this is me being selfish, about my need to
work backwards to reintegrate and recover what I lost.

I've sometimes doubted that there could be any recovery from losing a
kitty. Betty's ashes weren't going to reconstitute themselves into
the purry companion I knew. Day after day, it was the same. There
was no progress, no change, no process for healing.

But when the time came that I could recall the beginning on its own as
the joyful time it was, I found I could cut my pain in half. Because
half my thoughts were of Betty's end, and half my thoughts were of
Betty's beginning.

If it is possible to halve the sorrow, maybe someday it will be
possible to halve them again. I'm beginning to think that it is okay
to remember and rejoice in the precious moments Betty and I had
together. This was the way things began for us.

I'm so glad you posted these, Tak. A the time you were adopted by Betty I
was off on a sojourn to the mothership and I didn't get to read about the
beginning of your relationship with her. Thank you for the lovely stories,
and thank you for loving and caring for Betty so very well - it ended up
that she needed someone very special and you fit the bill perfectly.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 27th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

I very much enjoyed reliving this too! She was such a cutie and just meant
for you. I know it has been hard, but no one could have been better for her,
despite what you think!

Old December 27th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"CatNipped" wrote

I'm so glad you posted these, Tak. A the time you were adopted by Betty I
was off on a sojourn to the mothership and I didn't get to read about the
beginning of your relationship with her. Thank you for the lovely
stories, and thank you for loving and caring for Betty so very well - it
ended up that she needed someone very special and you fit the bill
perfectly.

It does sound like an ideal match, and I too appreciate the early stories.

I wasn't quite here yet at the time, either; I arrived a few months after
Betty adopted Tak. Now, I can't help wondering why Tak was here, since it
appears that prior to Betty he was not previously owned by a cat. He must
have really wanted a cat and needed some encouragement to find one.

Old December 27th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Takayuki wrote:
[...]

I have found that the grief of losing a very special companion animal to
which you seem to have an almost spiritual bond is no less than losing a
human family member. In some ways it's worse - if you've had to make what
I call "the awful decision." Then you get the guilt to go with it.
I almost never admit this in real life as most people cannot understand. I
feel that it's okay to say it here.
I've had two special dogs. I've had others that I have loved but not in
that all-encompassing way that I cannot explain. Both times I couldn't see
how I could recover from the grief. It seemed to go on for ever.

One day, out of the blue, instead of the sad memories of the final illness
etc..a happy memory popped into my mind about taking her on holiday to the
seaside and how impressed the hotel owners were with her good behaviour. And
I was proud.
I am so happy that you are starting to get the nice memories back, Tak. The
process of healing has started.
I hadn't discovered the group when you first got Betty. I'm enjoying
reading about it.

Tweed

Old December 27th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kathryn" wrote:
Thanks for posting these, Tak. Betty was such a sweet girl. I'm glad that
you have these stories to remember her by and I hope you enjoy reminiscing.
Sometimes its all too easy to forget the details.

It is more enjoyable to reminisce than pine.

Old December 27th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
I think that is a very good idea, Tak. Every once in a while, I go back
and re-read Frank's chronicles to relive some of our adventures and
revive my earliest memories of Frank and Nikki.

That's all properly recorded now as history. Frank's parentage, his
adoption, his getting lost. Nikki in the stables, trips to the
island, walkies in-between, etc.

Definitely, it's OK. It sounds like you are finally on the path to
healing. I'm so relieved for you. And thank you for reposting the
beginning of your life with Betty. It made some nice, though
bittersweet, reading. Have you revisited the young black cat that you
met on Thanksgiving? I think you should.

I met with several important fur personages over the holidays, in the
course of attending the various obligatory holiday functions.

Old December 27th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
I'm so glad you posted these, Tak. A the time you were adopted by Betty I
was off on a sojourn to the mothership and I didn't get to read about the
beginning of your relationship with her. Thank you for the lovely stories,
and thank you for loving and caring for Betty so very well - it ended up
that she needed someone very special and you fit the bill perfectly.

I'm glad you could read those. I have a bunch of your Prissy stories
in my head, you know.

Betty would have been an easy cat for most people to care for. She
was never shy about imposing on you, but she was a careful,
understanding cat.

Old December 27th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I'd like to repost some posts from and about when Betty was first
adopted. ...

Tak,
I've always loved your posts about you and Betty. Reading them again makes
me a little sniffly because they are so sweet.
I'm so glad that you are now able to remember and enjoy the memories. These
are the essence of Betty. These memories will always keep her alive in your
heart and in ours.
Annie