Strange!

Old August 15th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Strange!

The big cat tree we just bought is the first scratching post that Sammy has
ever been able to stretch upwards on. She likes to scratch on sisal but
every scratching post in the house is about 3 feet too short for her to
stretch fully, vertically. The sisal post on the new tree, however, goes
all the way to the top (just the post itself is almost 5 feet tall).

http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnip...tn100_0735.jpg

Last night I watched as she scratched and stretched horizontally on the very
bottom of it (like she has to do on the one in my bedroom), then she
slooooooooooooowly placed her right front paw a little bit higher, then
sloooooooooooowly placed the left front paw a little higher, then she kept
"walking" her front paws up the sisal post in seeming amazement that she
could do this. When she had stretched as far as she could, vertically (look
at the picture and imagine her front paws halfway between the highest
"hammock" and the house on top), she sloooooooooowly raised her right hind
paw and put it on the post, then she slooooooooooowly placed her left hind
paw on the post. She was *totally* amazed that the whole structure didn't
tip over on her (actually, given Sammy's size, so was *I*). She proceeded
to very slowly climb the post until she could peek into the house to make
sure nobody else was in there, then she crawled over the ledge, shoved her
entire body into the house (picture a 20 pound ham in a 2 pound sack),
turned around inside (!!!!!) so she could face outward. She is so big that
quite a bit of her was sticking out the front of the house, but she looked
*quite* smug at her accomplishment! ;

You have to remember that Sammy *NEVER* jumps up on anything higher than my
bed. Aside from most everything tipping over from her weight, there's the
danger of jumping with that much weight *down* from wherever she is. So, I
don't know if she'll ever repeat this performance, and there I was *without*
my camcorder!!! :

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old August 15th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I bet that was amazing to watch. And that Sammy felt amazed to be doing it.

Way to go Sam!

Jake and Molly send their congrats. They both find climbing with claws to
be a most exhilarating activity. Its usually accomplished on an old Ash
tree in the back yard here.

Molly likes to be chased for her climb. She will deliberately harass the
dogs or even Jake.

Jo

Old August 15th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

It was really weird to watch because all of my other cats (including the
kittens) run across the room and *fling* themselves onto the top of the tree
in a single leap (well, the kittens can only fling themselves to the middle
of the tree, but give them time ;). Poor Sammy, had she done that, would
probably have sent the whole cat tree through the window and into the front
yard!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 15th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

You must remember to carry your camcorder at all times. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

suddenly strange cat CAZ180 Cat health & behaviour 2 October 7th 06 06:42 AM
Strange KittyLady Cat anecdotes 2 March 17th 05 12:32 AM
Is my cat strange? dusty Cat anecdotes 28 March 14th 05 12:41 PM
Strange thing... Mishi Cat anecdotes 14 February 7th 05 11:24 AM
Strange Events Tanada Cat anecdotes 17 January 14th 05 04:38 PM