RPCA Map

Old September 4th 05, 06:42 AM
jmcquown

Default RPCA Map

For new folks who may not have put themselves on the map, here's the link:

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...uown&locale=en

You can use your mouse to click and drag the map around. The satellite view
+ text (Hybrid) is probably easier for pinpointing where you are. I can't
say the images are exactly up to date, but what the heck, it's fun! If you
make a mistake, just tell me what the entry is (email is fine) and I'll
delete it so you can try again. I cannot move you (hell, I can barely move
myself sometimes! LOL) but I can delete you.

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

Old September 4th 05, 09:55 AM
Exocat

"jmcquown" wrote
For new folks who may not have put themselves on the map, here's the
link:
http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...uown&locale=en
You can use your mouse to click and drag the map around. The
satellite view
+ text (Hybrid) is probably easier for pinpointing where you are. I
can't
say the images are exactly up to date, but what the heck, it's fun!
If you
make a mistake, just tell me what the entry is (email is fine) and
I'll
delete it so you can try again. I cannot move you (hell, I can barely
move
myself sometimes! LOL) but I can delete you.

Hi Jill

I see "Marcia Slave to Otis" is in the Atlantic ocean off the coast of
France.
IIRC she did suggest a deletion of this one.

Purrs

Gordon (who can't bear being outflanked to his southwest :-) )

Old September 4th 05, 10:07 AM
jmcquown

"Exocat" wrote in message
news:QrOdnZ2dnZ0bFBufnZ2dnRYrh96dnZ2dRVnyoJ2dnZ0@p ipex.net...

"jmcquown" wrote
[...]

There are two entries for Marcia... I'm not sure which one to delete!

Jill

Old September 4th 05, 10:23 AM
Exocat

"jmcquown" wrote

There are two entries for Marcia... I'm not sure which one to delete!

You should be able to recognize the ocean (deletable) one 'cos there's
no land for Miiiiiiiiiiiiles, until you see the N coast of France well
the right of Marcia's symbol. Good luck.

Purrs
G & the FF

PS Did I tell you how lovely the new pics of Persia are?
If not, well they are :-)

Old September 4th 05, 11:39 AM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
For new folks who may not have put themselves on the map, here's the
link:

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...uown&locale=en

You can use your mouse to click and drag the map around. The
satellite view + text (Hybrid) is probably easier for pinpointing
where you are. I can't say the images are exactly up to date, but
what the heck, it's fun! If you make a mistake, just tell me what
the entry is (email is fine) and I'll delete it so you can try again.
I cannot move you (hell, I can barely move myself sometimes! LOL) but
I can delete you.

Jill

The satellite image of where I live is not very clear, I was quite
amazed how much I could see in other parts of the world.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 4th 05, 12:42 PM
jmcquown

"Exocat" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote

There are two entries for Marcia... I'm not sure which one to delete!

You should be able to recognize the ocean (deletable) one 'cos there's
no land for Miiiiiiiiiiiiles, until you see the N coast of France well
the right of Marcia's symbol. Good luck.

The problem is, when I'm in Admin mode I can't view the map.

Purrs
G & the FF

PS Did I tell you how lovely the new pics of Persia are?
If not, well they are :-)

Thank you!

Jill

Old September 4th 05, 01:01 PM
Helen Wheels

Adrian wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

For new folks who may not have put themselves on the map, here's the
link:

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...uown&locale=en

You can use your mouse to click and drag the map around. The
satellite view + text (Hybrid) is probably easier for pinpointing
where you are. I can't say the images are exactly up to date, but
what the heck, it's fun! If you make a mistake, just tell me what
the entry is (email is fine) and I'll delete it so you can try again.
I cannot move you (hell, I can barely move myself sometimes! LOL) but
I can delete you.

Jill

The satellite image of where I live is not very clear, I was quite
amazed how much I could see in other parts of the world.

Just for kicks, I looked up a couple of spots in the UK where I used to
live. I could find my Mum's old house in Windsor (of course, the
opposite end of town to where the Queen lives) with no problem. But when
I shifted the map over a mile or so to look for my Dad's old place,
which was a bit closer to those royal neighbours, the highest res
satellite views were not available at all, and that whole area of town
around the castle was very badly blurred. Take a look at
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.47...1340&t=k&hl=en
and zoom in, and you'll see what I mean. The satellite views of whole
area from Windsor Castle through to Heathrow Airport are doctored so you
can't read 'em. Too many interesting things and people in that area, I
guess!

Old September 4th 05, 01:06 PM
Helen Wheels

Helen Wheels wrote:

Adrian wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

more... maybe I'm too suspicious, and it's just coincidence that you
can't see details. But I'm curious. Anyone tried finding the White House
or their local equivalent?
Old September 4th 05, 01:42 PM
jmcquown

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
Helen Wheels wrote:

Adrian wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

You can find it if you know where on Pennsylvania Avenue to look The
Washington Momument is prevelant as are the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials,
the Smithsonian Institution, etc. The thing the map does not point out is
in big huge letters, THIS IS THE WHITE HOUSE! After 9/11, can you blame
them?

Jill

Old September 4th 05, 03:34 PM
Exocat

"jmcquown" wrote
The problem is, when I'm in Admin mode I can't view the map.

Ah, that IS a problem. Without knowing exactly what you can see,
I'd suggest that if Marcia's correct marker is somewhere within
the UK (as I think she said it was) then the incorrect one will be
seen below and to the left of that, ie Southwest.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Gordon & the FF

RPCA MIA Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 46 December 22nd 04 06:53 PM
RPCA History Yowie Cat anecdotes 74 September 4th 04 10:32 PM
RPCA accessible on the net CK Cat anecdotes 3 August 13th 04 05:51 AM
RPCA to be managed by PETA Marina Cat anecdotes 5 April 2nd 04 01:54 AM
RPCA t-shirts (update) Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 February 13th 04 08:20 PM