Help - did I hurt Otis UPDATE

Old March 22nd 05, 07:30 PM
Susan M

Default Help - did I hurt Otis UPDATE

Hi the

Thank you all for your concern. I felt just nauseated after doing that to
Otis.

He appears to be totally completely fine. In fact, the little monster got
up at 3 AM and raced around the house, running over our heads, clawing at
the window screen, and creating his usual scene. I never did get back to
sleep.

I've prodded him all over and there are no spots that seem to cause him
discomfort so I'm going to leave it for a some more time. I'll keep poking
him to make sure that something doesn't develop. He's just so ridiculously
healthy looking and acting that I don't really want to take him into TED.

Thank you all for worrying about him with me!

Susan M
otis and chester
Who now has experience to point to when I tell the kids never to slam their
doors

Old March 22nd 05, 07:32 PM
Susan M

ACHHHHHHHHHHH! I mixed my verb tenses.

The paragraph should read:
He appears to be totally completely fine. In fact, the little monster got
up at 3 AM and raced around the house, ran over our heads, clawed at
the window screen, and created his usual scene. I never did get back to
sleep.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
blushing

Old March 22nd 05, 07:56 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:32:35 GMT, "Susan M" smawdsley remove
@shaw.ca yodeled:

ACHHHHHHHHHHH! I mixed my verb tenses.

The paragraph should read:
He appears to be totally completely fine. In fact, the little monster got
up at 3 AM and raced around the house, ran over our heads, clawed at
the window screen, and created his usual scene. I never did get back to
sleep.

That's um, great news! Well, that he's feeling better, anyway.

Theresa
Old March 22nd 05, 08:11 PM
CatNipped

[...]

I don't think you have to worry if he's that active. If he'd had any
internal injuries or broken bones it would have been apparent by now.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 22nd 05, 08:13 PM
Marina

Susan M wrote:

I've prodded him all over and there are no spots that seem to cause him
discomfort so I'm going to leave it for a some more time. I'll keep poking
him to make sure that something doesn't develop. He's just so ridiculously
healthy looking and acting that I don't really want to take him into TED.

There's a reason why they say cats have nine lives. They manage to come
out of what would seem like terrible accidents without a scratch. So
glad to hear otis is doing well. Good idea to keep an eye on him though.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and coming soon: Mere!
Old March 22nd 05, 08:34 PM
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
There's a reason why they say cats have nine lives. They manage to come
out of what would seem like terrible accidents without a scratch. So glad
to hear otis is doing well. Good idea to keep an eye on him though.

Thanks Marina! He actually started purring while I was prodding him and did
the elevator butt thing so I think he's okay. I will keep watching him
though.

I keep thinking about this nine lives things though - he's used up six that
I know about - yikes! I was thinking of Frank and Otis last night when I
was reading The Nine Emotional Lives of Cats. He talks about how quickly
cats go feral when they get lost or leave their homes. I remember you
describing how Frank switched back to housecat after you got the harness on
after he was lost and I remember the look in Otis' eyes when I sweet talked
him after he was lost. It was like something coming back to light from a
distant past.

*really* off this topic, I know.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 22nd 05, 08:47 PM
Hopitus

Never mind how many lives Otis has used up....I - after
all this time - remember what Otis looks like: fat & sweet - and I say God
bless Otis and may he have many more
happy years w/you. Da**ed doors, anyway......
"Marina" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:

I keep thinking about this nine lives things though - he's used up six
that I know about - yikes! I was thinking of Frank and Otis last night
when I was reading The Nine Emotional Lives of Cats. He talks about how
quickly cats go feral when they get lost or leave their homes. I
remember you describing how Frank switched back to housecat after you got
the harness on after he was lost and I remember the look in Otis' eyes
when I sweet talked him after he was lost. It was like something coming
back to light from a distant past.

That's right. It was like something suddenly clicked in Frank's head -
'Hey! Don't I know this person? Hey, this is *my* person!' I'm so happy we
both got our darling boys back.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and coming soon: Mere!

Old March 22nd 05, 09:50 PM
Susan M

Awwww - thanks :-) Otis is blushing too. He is good little friend.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Whose collars read "My friend"and "Much loved", respectively