UPDATE: Grumpy Buster

Old March 5th 05, 11:35 PM
jmcquown

Default UPDATE: Grumpy Buster

Mark Edwards wrote:
Buster has survived his experience, but he is definitely grumpy.

They lanced and drained his leg, and neutered him. His leg is still
draining, and the vet said they want itto continue to drain. So his
poor leg is sore and seeping for now.

I've got a big bottle of antibiotic to squirt into his mouth twice a
day, and they want to see him again Monday evening (which will be a
close call, depending on traffic between Dallas and Arlington).

When I brought Buster home, I had put a cushion in the bottom of a
laundry basket for his comfort. He was feeling better enough to sit up
and look over the top of the basket.

In fact, he tried to jump out and run away (POOR Buster!) when I got
to the door.

I got him inside, and he is laying down, loking miserable, at the
front door, atop the cushion. He still feels very warm (he did have a
temp of 105 degrees at the vet), but not quite as warm.

I lie down next to him now and then and give him "poor baby" skritches
and pets. He looks even more miserable than the picture on my website:

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...usterClose.jpg

Little Feet is purring for him, from a distance of about five feet.
Dulce Mae has decided that she doesn't want whatever special treatment
Buster got, after all.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Awwww.... poor Buster! He'll be all better in a day or two. Keep babying
him and he'll perk up.

Jill

Old March 6th 05, 12:29 AM
Christine Burel

Poor little guy! Please give special gentle scritches and hugs and purrs
from us.
Keep us posted.
Christine

Old March 6th 05, 01:38 AM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:09:16 -0600, Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

Purrs for a quick recovery. We hope the medication is accepted without a
struggle. MLB

Old March 6th 05, 01:45 AM
Mary

"Mark Edwards" wrote

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...usterClose.jpg

Little Feet is purring for him, from a distance of about five feet.
Dulce Mae has decided that she doesn't want whatever special treatment
Buster got, after all.

Oh what a face!! Poor Buster indeed!

Old March 6th 05, 03:53 AM
Gabey8

Awwwww, poor Buster! Poor little guy must feel like crud between the leg
injury and the recent surgery.

The good news is, at least he should be recovered from the surgery in no
time. Here's hoping that his leg abscess clears up equally soon.

Donna

P.S. That "OHHHH, WOE IS MEEEEE!" expression in that photo is priceless!
;o)

Old March 6th 05, 03:56 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:09:16 -0600, Mark Edwards
yodeled:

[...]

Aww, poor Buster! Purrs that he's feeling perky soon.

Theresa
Old March 6th 05, 01:27 PM
melizabeth

[...]

What a sad little cat face. Give him plenty of kisses andlove...he'll perk
up!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old March 6th 05, 05:31 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 05 Mar 2005 06:09:16p, Mark Edwards wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I lie down next to him now and then and give him "poor baby"
skritches and pets. He looks even more miserable than the
picture on my website:

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...ts/BusterClose.
jpg

Poor little guy Glad he's home Mark.

--
Cheryl
Old March 6th 05, 09:38 PM
polonca12000

Poor Buster, no wonder he is feeling sorry for himself! And lots of purrs
for you to be able to give him the antibiotics and to make the vet visit,
Mark.
Lots of purrs and best wishes for you both,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Buster has survived his experience, but he is definitely grumpy.

They lanced and drained his leg, and neutered him. His leg is still
draining, and the vet said they want itto continue to drain. So his
poor leg is sore and seeping for now.

I've got a big bottle of antibiotic to squirt into his mouth twice a
day, and they want to see him again Monday evening (which will be a
close call, depending on traffic between Dallas and Arlington).

snip