***UPDATE: SOCKS THE CAT IS STILL ALIVE***

Old August 3rd 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Wavy G

Default ***UPDATE: SOCKS THE CAT IS STILL ALIVE***

Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the news
for now. I will keep you updated.

--
"He was annoying. But I miss him. sniff"
-- mimus writes the perfect caption for my headstone.
Old August 3rd 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Sherry

On Aug 3, 11:24 am, Wavy G wrote:
Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the news
for now. I will keep you updated.

--
"He was annoying. But I miss him. sniff"
-- mimus writes the perfect caption for my headstone.

Poor Socks. I hope he recovered from his declaw.

Sherry

Old August 3rd 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Sherry wrote:
On Aug 3, 11:24 am, Wavy G wrote:
Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the news
for now. I will keep you updated.

--
"He was annoying. But I miss him. sniff"
-- mimus writes the perfect caption for my headstone.

Poor Socks. I hope he recovered from his declaw.

Was this recent?? (ie, his declawing)

Joyce

(Newsgroups trimmed to RPCA)
Old August 3rd 07, 07:08 PM posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
dave hillstrom

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:24:17 -0400, Wavy G
wrote:

Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the news
for now. I will keep you updated.

i wanted to say something here, but i forgot what it was. sorry, it
was really funny, too.

--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj

this signature might or might not be for mimus.
but it is for hatchetmama and shirley and smee.

and LaBlueGirl and Dr. Flonkenstein.
farewell for the time being, frankb. may you learn
more mysteries on the other side than one can count
on this plane.
Old August 3rd 07, 07:14 PM posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
trippy

In article , dave hillstrom
took the hamburger meat, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh Wow"...

wrote:

Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the news
for now. I will keep you updated.

i wanted to say something here, but i forgot what it was. sorry, it
was really funny, too.

Highdog.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

NP: "Call Me When You're Sober" -- Evanescence

"What did I tell the kid. It's about how hard you can get hit,
and keep moving forward. It's about how much you can take,
and keep moving forward. Get up."

-- Sylvester Stallone "Rocky Balboa"

Old August 3rd 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

On Aug 3, 11:24 am, Wavy G wrote:
Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the
news
for now. I will keep you updated.

--
"He was annoying. But I miss him. sniff"
-- mimus writes the perfect caption for my headstone.

Poor Socks. I hope he recovered from his declaw.

Was this recent?? (ie, his declawing)

Joyce

(Newsgroups trimmed to RPCA)

You beat me too it since one of the groups is a troll hangout

Old August 3rd 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 3, 11:24 am, Wavy G wrote:
Socks the Cat (the famous "White House pet" during the "Clinton
Administration") is still alive and well. Age: 16. That's all the news
for now. I will keep you updated.

--
"He was annoying. But I miss him. sniff"
-- mimus writes the perfect caption for my headstone.

Poor Socks. I hope he recovered from his declaw.

Was this recent?? (ie, his declawing)

Joyce

It was a long time ago. But I remember how it irked me, because they
declawed
him to protect the White House furniture when the Clintons moved in.
He was an
adult cat by then, IIRC.

Sherry

Old August 4th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Sherry wrote:

It was a long time ago. But I remember how it irked me, because they
declawed him to protect the White House furniture when the Clintons
moved in. He was an adult cat by then, IIRC.

Oh my. Our president has two cats, but declawing is illegal here. I
hardly think she would have had them declawed anyway when they moved
into the president's residence. There are pictures of the president's
cats, Rontti and Miska, here (the link was huge, so I made a tinyurl):

http://tinyurl.com/yp79cg

Also a couple of red-eared turtles and a horse.

Old August 4th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Marina" wrote in message
Sherry wrote:

It was a long time ago. But I remember how it irked me, because they
declawed him to protect the White House furniture when the Clintons
moved in. He was an adult cat by then, IIRC.

Oh my. Our president has two cats, but declawing is illegal here. I
hardly think she would have had them declawed anyway when they moved into
the president's residence. There are pictures of the president's cats,
Rontti and Miska, here (the link was huge, so I made a tinyurl):

http://tinyurl.com/yp79cg

Also a couple of red-eared turtles and a horse.

She always just seems so charming to me. The cats etc suit her.

I don't get why a White House cat would need to be declawed either. They
aren't going to hurt the building itself, and fabrics are seldom valued
antiques. Especially in the family quarters. The White House is hardly a
palace anyway. I've always found dogs to be much more destructive than
cats, even with claws. And the president always has dogs. Some of them
even have teenagers.

Jo

Old August 4th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Marina wrote:
Sherry wrote:

It was a long time ago. But I remember how it irked me, because they
declawed him to protect the White House furniture when the Clintons
moved in. He was an adult cat by then, IIRC.

Oh my. Our president has two cats, but declawing is illegal here. I
hardly think she would have had them declawed anyway when they moved
into the president's residence. There are pictures of the president's
cats, Rontti and Miska, here (the link was huge, so I made a tinyurl):

http://tinyurl.com/yp79cg

Also a couple of red-eared turtles and a horse.

I always thought your president was a nice looking woman, her pets are
beautiful too.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart