the definition of fighting tooth and nail

Old February 23rd 05, 11:35 PM
kitkat

Jean B. wrote:

He is seems much more fragile mentally (if possible). Even more scared
than usual and taking a LONG time to bounce back after anyone comes
here. What do you see in Jasper? I will say that at first I was amazed
that Mingy seemed to be behaving so normally after he was so totally
stressed out, but I keep noticing little things that make me think he is
just not the same....

Well, Jasper has only been home now for about 24 hours. Last night, we
got a good laugh as he started to do some of the normal things he would
always do...like...jump up on the couch while we are eating dinner and
try to eat off our plates...like a little beggar boy! And how quickly he
remembered where everything is...like the litter box and the water bowls
and stuff like that. Personality wise...I think he seems mostly the
same. It is the physical stuff that worries me...like the oozing tush
and the twitches. But I want to give him some time to just shake the
ickies out of his system before I go into full panic mode again. Heh.

How old is Mingy?

It is sweet of you to ask while your own baby is ill.

Don't be silly. I may not have been around this NG for a long time, but
I can see easily it is a community (though at times, a dysfunctional one
) and that is exactly what I came here for. I am also aware that I am
not the only one with kitty issues. I almost felt bad posting about my
own excitement last night when poor Carol is suffering so badly over the
loss of Elvis. But...I read the group and I am aware of what is going
on...so anyway, I'm babbling...but you catch my drift. We all look out
for eachother.

I loved your description of how you came to be Jasper's mom, and what a wonderful mom
you are!!!!!!

It is a unique story, that is for sure. Tim and I both said that we were
the lucky ones to have Jasper. He is a special kitty!

Pam