The cats are eating better than...

Old February 13th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default The cats are eating better than...

The humans. So I hear!

Have you ever spent more on cat food than your own?

Please, don't be afraid to tell the truth here.

How many times have I gone in the grocer and went straight for the cat
food? Plenty.
but I've never spent more money on cat food than I have for my own
food.

Sure.. I've spent more during a re-stocking, but not when I'm down to
my last 5 bux! If Im down to 5 bux, my cats are going to be eating
crunchy food for a couple of days.

Anyone that would buy a case of cat food yet buy themselves one box of
mac and cheese should consider getting professional help. There is
something very messed up in your mind.

While our cats deserve the best! Sometimes we have to eat cheap. So
should our cats.

Just a friendly reminder from a normal down to earth fun loving guy.
lol

Old February 13th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I know you would have rather had the money. It's not your cats' fault
the way you live. I imagine the package will ship tomorrow. 48 cans
of their fav and ten pounds of dry Science Diet. Sell it if you think that
is the right thing to do.

Old February 13th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 13, 6:21 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

I know you would have rather....

damn! that was easy

Old February 13th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

"Barry" wrote in message

[...]

My pussy eat the same cheap chicken thighs that I do. Only she eats
them raw.

Old February 13th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 13 Feb, 23:06, "Barry" wrote:
[...]

I tend to feed us first, then I go to the pet food shop & work out who
isn't going to get paid this week ,so that the cats do get their food
and their litter too. I buy cheaper brands of food that we eat & we
cut down on treats for us too. Things cheaper toilet roll, cut out all
of the other bits we would like but we don't need , cheaper washing
powder( the list could go on for ever... like DVDs, Mcdonalds, clothes
or other non essentials..but it catches up with you in the end(
I don't know about the rest of you, but our gas & electric bill's
have doubled in the last 12 months in the UK. Is it the same in
America too?

Sometimes it is a question of robbing Peter to pay Paul.(not
literally!!)
Several times I have tried feeding the cats with cheaper food, but
that really doesn't work because it gives them diarrhea so I pay in
the long run...
It's normally the bills that I can afford to ignore for a week or so &
will allow me to (Satellite TV, the paper bill etc), -utilities don't
fit into that category because we pay as we use so that we don't get
whacking great bills that we can't afford to pay..It really annoys me
that by paying them this way, that we are penalised for choosing to
pat it that way
That is as honest as I can be.
S;o)

Old February 13th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Every time I go shopping people always comment that the furballs are eating
better than I am.
I went to the store and dropped $40 I got milk, bread and a pound of turkey
breast. The rest was in cat food

Old February 13th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 13, 6:30 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
Every time I go shopping people always comment that the furballs are eating
better than I am.
I went to the store and dropped $40 I got milk, bread and a pound of turkey
breast. The rest was in cat food

Same here. I goto the corner store, I get a 30 cent bag of Flaming
Cheetos a loosie, and 3 cans of cat food.

Most of my neighbors don't like cats. They don't understand how anyone
could take a cat inside the house... that's spooky they say...

However! When a neighbor comes to the door, and one of my *sleek
*rotund cats come to the door with me, they are very impressed! they
see what fine pets a cat makes. It makes me proud. Most folk in this
neck of the woods are... less than hospitable to strays.

They see what good food and shelter will do for the little creatures.

One dude exclaimed! "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

Like he's never seen a cat so posh.

"It's a cat" I say... snickering

"A cat!" lol

Old February 13th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 13 Feb, 23:06, "Barry" wrote:
[...]

after many years as a student I know how to live cheaply and do
without when times are hard (as they most certainly are now!) but I
always find the money for decent cat food for jessie. I don't see the
point in buying cheap stuff or supermarket brands as (a) she won't eat
them so it is a false economy, I would just end up putting what she
leaves outisde for the hedgehogs and strays to eat and (b) she is old
with medical issues so obviously i want to give her good quality food
and not crap, she deserves it anyway.

I see her as a responsibililty I have taken on and she comes first, I
can live on baked beans and other cheap stuff but I don't want to her
to suffer the effects of my poverty. Considering all the wonderful
companionship and love and undemanding friendship she gives me,
something which I find so necessary after a **** day at another ****
school dealing with ****ty nasty kids, making sure she has the best I
can buy is not much to ask.

maybe it is the same for mothers and their kids I don't know

bookie

Old February 14th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Barry when I got out on my own for the first time I wanted to do it all by
myself. I know how it is to eat a ketchup and mustard sandwich. I lived on
roman noodles at that time for 15 cents each. Rice and beans by the pound
was like $1.50. I got my condiments, napkins and plastic eating utensils
from the local shop and stop.

Now this is when I was in my 20's fresh out going to college without help.
Back when a good job wages were $2.00 or less an hour. I was paying rent
going to college working two jobs during the week plus school and a job on
the weekend. Trust me I know what it is to have $5 in my hand and have
$4.98 to pay out which did not included food. I also had 2 cats at that
time they were my first priority no matter what. I remember having to take
the weekend extra job at night to make sure they had food . I remember many
of nights where I could afford a meat sandwich and the cats got half of the
meat ( like I had a choice).

Hold tight brother this is the time that makes you appreciate life

oups.com...

Old February 14th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

after many years as a student I know how to live cheaply and do
without when times are hard (as they most certainly are now!) but I
always find the money for decent cat food for Jessie. I don't see the
point in buying cheap stuff or supermarket brands as (a) she won't eat
them so it is a false economy, I would just end up putting what she
leaves outside for the hedgehogs and strays to eat and (b) she is old
with medical issues so obviously i want to give her good quality food
and not crap, she deserves it anyway.

I see her as a responsibility I have taken on and she comes first, I
can live on baked beans and other cheap stuff but I don't want to her
to suffer the effects of my poverty. Considering all the wonderful
companionship and love and undemanding friendship she gives me,
something which I find so necessary after a **** day at another ****
school dealing with ****ty nasty kids, making sure she has the best I
can buy is not much to ask.

Correct, I couldn't agree with each point more if I tried

maybe it is the same for mothers and their kids I don't know

It is until they reach the age of about 10.
As baby's I used to hand prepare each meal( the same as we would eat
that day, except liquidized. A full healthy balanced diet, trying to
introduce foo that even I hated ( such as broccoli, turnips, mange
tout etc), because I felt it was important not to deprive the child of
tastes that I
neglected to eat because I didn't like them if that makes sense to
you?
this continued with each child until they got to the age of around
4-5years, when they started school basically. Once they started school
they realised that other kids were ALLOWED to be fussy , then tried
it out at home, which didn't work I might add;they might have
tolerated it at school but there was no such nonsense here I have to
stress- Eat it or go without & the next child along will eat your
portion!!

The real problem started when they reached senior school where they
were allowed to chose from a menu of chips, burgers, chips, more chips
& baked beans and pizza of course!!!!!!!!!
OK, they have a salad bar there, but it consists of bunny
food(lettuce, or more lettuce & a slice of tomato now and again.

Bang went the concept of feeding our children with healthy food..
So the answer to your question feeding children decent food is,
yes you do the best that you can, but ponce they get a choice in the
issue @ school, all of that hard work goes straight down the Swanee
S;o)