Purrs and purrayers for my Mother, please?

Old January 20th 12, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Purrs and purrayers for my Mother, please?

we iz hopin we readz to da end of diz thread and findz she passed, OEJ
"Gandalf" wrote in message
May I ask for some more purrs for my elderly Mother?

She has been undergoing tests, to see if she can have the artificial
heart valve implanted in her heart, using the method which got FDA
approval only a month ago.

So far, she has passed all of the tests. But, she just barely passed the
previous tests, due to having small arteries. The new heart valve has to
be threaded through her femoral artery, and into her heart.

She has one more test on Thursday: an angiogram, which is an invasive
test. They have to thread a catheter through BOTH an artery, and a vein,
into her heart.

It is almost certain she will pass this test, because she had one
several years ago.

But, it's an invasive procedure, so I worry about it.

Also, my Mother has been having a LOT of trouble with open wounds on her
legs and arms, which will not heal. She has one now that was slowly
healing, and looked 'good' a few weeks ago.

A week ago, it developed an infection. She is on antibiotics, but this
wound has to be clear of ANY infection, and preferably, healed BEFORE
she can get the heart valve implanted.

My Mother has SO MANY health problems. She is so very, very frail.

The heart valve implantation has about a 2% fatality rate, in the tens
of thousands that have been done in Europe.

She is at higher risk than 'average', due to her many health problems,
and her generally very poor health.

I am terribly worried, as you might imagine.

Fangu.

Gandalf and Lorelei