the definition of fighting tooth and nail

Old February 23rd 05, 12:41 AM
kitkat

Default the definition of fighting tooth and nail

I think I mentioned this...but just in case. Jasper lost both a claw and
a tooth in his adventures. He literally fought tooth and nail! If only
the vets and the techs could see the sweet angel now!

Old February 23rd 05, 12:57 AM
Jean B.

kitkat wrote:

I think I mentioned this...but just in case. Jasper lost both a claw and
a tooth in his adventures. He literally fought tooth and nail! If only
the vets and the techs could see the sweet angel now!

Yeah, Mingy lost a claw in the hospital. :-( I don't think he
was fighting though. Your poor little guy. I can understand how
stressed out he must have been, since Mingy was very stressed too
(and he can see and hear). Seems we have to figure out how to
factor in their extreme angst.....

--
Jean B.
Old February 23rd 05, 01:00 AM
kitkat

Jean B. wrote:
kitkat wrote:

I think I mentioned this...but just in case. Jasper lost both a claw
and a tooth in his adventures. He literally fought tooth and nail! If
only the vets and the techs could see the sweet angel now!

Yeah, Mingy lost a claw in the hospital. :-( I don't think he was
fighting though. Your poor little guy. I can understand how stressed
out he must have been, since Mingy was very stressed too (and he can see
and hear). Seems we have to figure out how to factor in their extreme
angst.....

Jean...how is Mingy doing lately?

Old February 23rd 05, 01:17 AM
kitkat

ElvisRocks wrote:
Pam - how is Jasper?
Carol

He seems to be doing really well. He's here at home with us and curled
up on his chair. Thanks for asking. I know you have had such a rough day
and we are all thinking of you.

Love,
Pam
Old February 23rd 05, 01:48 AM
ElvisRocks

I'm happy for you, Pam. I didn't realize he's home. That's
great. Thanks - Carol

"kitkat" wrote in message
. com...

Old February 23rd 05, 02:17 PM
Jean B.

kitkat wrote:

Jean...how is Mingy doing lately?

Sigh. He isn't eating much, either wet or dried. He seems to
LOVE Wellness Chicken, but even though he attacks it (or did until
yesterday) and spends quite some time on it, he seems not to be
consuming much of it. On one hand, I wonder whether this is
inability because of his flat face, but, OTO, IIRC, he did eat
such food when he was a kitten.

As for dried food, I am wondering whether he just doesn't like the
new food, which is designed to make his urine more acidic.
(Yes, this is a vicious circle too, since having dried food makes
it less likely he'll eat the wet food--but he isn't eating much
dried food either, alas. I still hope he will eventually, and
sooner rather than later, eat mainly wet food, but I am also
concerned that he eats at all/enough to stave off liver problems,
etc.) The best news is that he does seem to be drinking
more--from his new cup in the bedroom and from his fountains.

He is seems much more fragile mentally (if possible). Even more
scared than usual and taking a LONG time to bounce back after
anyone comes here. What do you see in Jasper? I will say that at
first I was amazed that Mingy seemed to be behaving so normally
after he was so totally stressed out, but I keep noticing little
things that make me think he is just not the same....

It is sweet of you to ask while your own baby is ill. I loved
your description of how you came to be Jasper's mom, and what a
wonderful mom you are!!!!!!

--
Jean B.
Old February 23rd 05, 05:12 PM
Mary

"Jean B." wrote in message
kitkat wrote:

Jean...how is Mingy doing lately?

[...] He is seems much more fragile mentally (if possible). Even more
scared than usual and taking a LONG time to bounce back after
anyone comes here. What do you see in Jasper? I will say that at
first I was amazed that Mingy seemed to be behaving so normally
after he was so totally stressed out, but I keep noticing little
things that make me think he is just not the same....

Having his claw torn out had to hurt terribly. Poor baby.

Old February 23rd 05, 05:16 PM
Jean B.

Mary wrote:

"Jean B." wrote in message

kitkat wrote:

Jean...how is Mingy doing lately?

[...] He is seems much more fragile mentally (if possible). Even more

scared than usual and taking a LONG time to bounce back after
anyone comes here. What do you see in Jasper? I will say that at
first I was amazed that Mingy seemed to be behaving so normally
after he was so totally stressed out, but I keep noticing little
things that make me think he is just not the same....

Having his claw torn out had to hurt terribly. Poor baby.

I'm sure that didn't help!!!! And Jasper's travails didn't help
HIM either!

--
Jean B.
Old February 23rd 05, 05:36 PM
Mary

"Jean B." wrote in message
Mary wrote:

"Jean B." wrote in message

kitkat wrote:

Jean...how is Mingy doing lately?

[...] He is seems much more fragile mentally (if possible). Even more

scared than usual and taking a LONG time to bounce back after
anyone comes here. What do you see in Jasper? I will say that at
first I was amazed that Mingy seemed to be behaving so normally
after he was so totally stressed out, but I keep noticing little
things that make me think he is just not the same....

Having his claw torn out had to hurt terribly. Poor baby.

I'm sure that didn't help!!!! And Jasper's travails didn't help
HIM either!

Well I hope Mingy is better soon.