Q on litter boxes

Old December 13th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default Q on litter boxes

what do you clean them with? The SPCA book on cats says to use a
capful of bleach and soap of coarse being careful to rinse it out well

I started using Borax and dishsoap..Borax can be found in the laudry
soap isle...though it's not a soap..It's a laundy booster and multi-
purpose household cleaner the box says it a deodorizer..someone told
me about great stuff and inexpensive, does tons of things

what do you all use to clean it with?

Lynn

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see.
~Lewis Carroll
Old December 13th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

ensoul wrote:

what do you clean them with? The SPCA book on cats says to use a
capful of bleach and soap of coarse being careful to rinse it out well

I started using Borax and dishsoap..Borax can be found in the laudry
soap isle...though it's not a soap..It's a laundy booster and multi-
purpose household cleaner the box says it a deodorizer..someone told
me about great stuff and inexpensive, does tons of things

what do you all use to clean it with?

Dawn. It did such a bang-up job when Leo got nailed by a skunk last
month that it just seemed the el primo thing to use.
Old December 13th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, ensoul exclaimed (12/13/2007 11:44 AM):
what do you clean them with? The SPCA book on cats says to use a
capful of bleach and soap of coarse being careful to rinse it out well

I started using Borax and dishsoap..Borax can be found in the laudry
soap isle...though it's not a soap..It's a laundy booster and multi-
purpose household cleaner the box says it a deodorizer..someone told
me about great stuff and inexpensive, does tons of things

what do you all use to clean it with?

Lynn

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see.
~Lewis Carroll

I take Meep's outside and use the hose on it, then use an oxy-clean clone.

Which reminds me, I have a weekend project.

jmc
Old December 13th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

I use either baking soda or Oxiclean.
Old December 16th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RPS

ensoul wrote:

: what do you clean them with?

Confused...If you use a good liner, shouldn't simple washing do?
Old December 16th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On Dec 16, 8:31 am, RPS wrote:
ensoul wrote:

: what do you clean them with?

Confused...If you use a good liner, shouldn't simple washing do?

i've used milton sterilising fluid in the past, not sure if you get
that in the US though. you woudl find it is the baby aisle as it is
normally used for sterilising baby bottles and suchlike which is why i
use it; if it is not going to harm them then maybe it is ok for cats?

thing is, some stuff which is ok and fairly benign to humans can be
really toxic to cats, difficult to know, but i did have a list of
stuff in a book somewhere which is safe to use, just can't find it at
the moment

bookie

Whaddaya say -- 20 litter boxes? arhooley Cat health & behaviour 8 October 31st 06 12:12 AM
self clean litter boxes scullycat Cat health & behaviour 1 December 5th 05 12:22 AM
Is there a better alternative to litter boxes? Monique Y. Mudama Cat health & behaviour 20 February 10th 05 12:19 AM
Litter Boxes JBHajos Cat anecdotes 36 July 13th 04 02:09 PM
Automatic litter boxes Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 3 July 5th 03 03:09 AM