A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat health & behaviour
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 30th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
news[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!


  #2  
Old July 31st 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 348
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

On Jul 30, 10:31*am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!


Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace
  #3  
Old July 31st 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 521
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!


She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.
  #4  
Old July 31st 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 263
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

On Jul 31, 6:35*am, "-L." wrote:
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971


Poor baby!


She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.


Must have been an indoor cat or else people would know the owner.
  #5  
Old July 31st 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
news[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Anyone want to adopt Prince Chunk? UPDATE


"-L." wrote in message
...
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!


She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395297,00.html
It doesn't say whether the cat wandered away or she just let him out on the
streets.


  #6  
Old July 31st 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 610
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!


Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace


I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...

I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
Except for the milk.

Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
have any more pets.

jmc
  #7  
Old July 31st 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 243
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

In article ,
jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!


Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace


I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...

I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
Except for the milk.

Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
have any more pets.


I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
didn't want to feed it anymore...

I'll refrain from comment.
  #8  
Old July 31st 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 263
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

On Jul 31, 4:26*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
In article ,





jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971


Poor baby!


Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.


Candace


I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. *She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...


I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. *Gorgeous, sweet kitten.

  #9  
Old July 31st 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 243
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

In article ,
James wrote:
On Jul 31, 4:26*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
In article ,





jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971


Poor baby!


Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.


Candace


I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. *She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...


I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. *Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
*I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. *She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
It was heartbreaking. *Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. *At least they
listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
Except for the milk.


Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
have any more pets.


I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
didn't want to feed it anymore...

I'll refrain from comment.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Of course it didn't matter that the owner lost her home and is
homeless. Let's all wag our tongues about what she did to the cat.


The news blurb I saw didn't mention that.

Hope things work out for both of them.
  #10  
Old August 1st 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 348
Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

On Jul 31, 2:02*pm, James wrote:
On Jul 31, 4:26*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:



In article ,


jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971


Poor baby!


Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.


Candace


I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. *She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...


I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. *Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
*I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. *She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
adopt a calico cat! [email protected] Cat rescue 0 September 24th 07 02:32 PM
Adopt an Aby! Pat Cat anecdotes 8 May 17th 07 12:42 AM
How old to adopt a kitten Lee Cat health & behaviour 15 October 8th 05 11:22 AM
we help adopt cats [email protected] Cats - misc 0 September 6th 05 04:11 PM
we help adopt [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 September 5th 05 02:56 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.