The lure of the milk bottle ring

Old September 22nd 11, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default The lure of the milk bottle ring

Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never had one to test. But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! So I pulled it off and threw it on the floor in front of the Princess Rita.

She sniffed, and looked at me, and I went back to what I was doing. Well, that was it - she was off and running with that thing like it was the plushest catnip toy ever! Even on a rug, it had the most delightful way of rolling on its side when she batted it, and she played until she was exhausted.

I didn't see it this morning, but I'm sure it'll pop up from time to time. I just have to instruct my cleaning lady to not throw it away when she's here.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old September 22nd 11, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 03:17:41 -0700 (PDT), Jane
wrote:

Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never had one to test. But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! So I pulled it off and threw it on the floor in front of the Princess Rita.

She sniffed, and looked at me, and I went back to what I was doing. Well, that was it - she was off and running with that thing like it was the plushest catnip toy ever! Even on a rug, it had the most delightful way of rolling on its side when she batted it, and she played until she was exhausted.

I didn't see it this morning, but I'm sure it'll pop up from time to time. I just have to instruct my cleaning lady to not throw it away when she's here.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I have several around because being so small they have a tendancy to
disappear!!

Old September 22nd 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jane" wrote in message
Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never
had one to test. But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled
water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! So I pulled it off and threw it
on the floor in front of the Princess Rita.

She sniffed, and looked at me, and I went back to what I was doing. Well,
that was it - she was off and running with that thing like it was the
plushest catnip toy ever! Even on a rug, it had the most delightful way
of rolling on its side when she batted it, and she played until she was
exhausted.

I didn't see it this morning, but I'm sure it'll pop up from time to time.
I just have to instruct my cleaning lady to not throw it away when she's
here.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

LOL! Persia loves the milk-jug ring! Since I drink milk it's pretty much
the cheapest cat toy I know of, other than an empty box Yes, they do bat
and roll around easily enough on carpet. They must be fun to chase! "Don't
you dare roll away from me, I'm playing with you!"

Jill

Old September 24th 11, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Jane" wrote in message
Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never
had one to test. But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled
water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! So I pulled it off and threw it on
the floor in front of the Princess Rita.

She sniffed, and looked at me, and I went back to what I was doing. Well,
that was it - she was off and running with that thing like it was the
plushest catnip toy ever! Even on a rug, it had the most delightful way of
rolling on its side when she batted it, and she played until she was
exhausted.

I didn't see it this morning, but I'm sure it'll pop up from time to time.
I just have to instruct my cleaning lady to not throw it away when she's
here.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

My Zebulon went totally bonkers over a threadless bobbin I dropped on the
floor. He played with it until he was exhausted.

Old September 24th 11, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Jane" wrote in message

Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never
had one to test. But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled
water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! So I pulled it off and threw it on
the floor in front of the Princess Rita.

She sniffed, and looked at me, and I went back to what I was doing. Well,
that was it - she was off and running with that thing like it was the
plushest catnip toy ever! Even on a rug, it had the most delightful way of
rolling on its side when she batted it, and she played until she was
exhausted.

I didn't see it this morning, but I'm sure it'll pop up from time to time.
I just have to instruct my cleaning lady to not throw it away when she's
here.

-------

It's funny when I open a new jug of milk. I take the ring and just toss it
up in the air. There doesn't even have to be a cat in the vicinity. The
next day I'll find it on my bed, or the stairs going down in the basement,
etc. I have even found them in the litter box room.

World's greatest cat toy for sure!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old September 24th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Sep 22, 6:17*am, Jane wrote:
Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never had one to test. *But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! *So I pulled it off and threw it on the floor in front of the Princess Rita.

She sniffed, and looked at me, and I went back to what I was doing. *Well, that was it - she was off and running with that thing like it was the plushest catnip toy ever! *Even on a rug, it had the most delightful way of rolling on its side when she batted it, and she played until she was exhausted. *

I didn't see it this morning, but I'm sure it'll pop up from time to time.. *I just have to instruct my cleaning lady to not throw it away when she's here.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Another toy I found Rusty (RB) loved was the piece of plastic band
that tied the white pages and the yellow
pages together when a new phone book was delivered. He never got tired
of playing with it.

Winnie