cat feed dishes----what do you use ?

Old July 14th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Michael Lane

Default cat feed dishes----what do you use ?

I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n Tenessee

Old July 14th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jul 14, 1:43*pm, (Michael Lane) wrote:
*I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Earthenwear bowls and a stainless steel water bowl

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
Old July 14th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 14, 7:43*am, (Michael Lane) wrote:
*I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n *Tenessee

I've read that cats do prefer eating out of a shallow bowl or saucer.

Sherry
Old July 14th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/14/2011 7:43 AM, Michael Lane wrote:
I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n Tenessee

I use the tiny Corelle bowls.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 14th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:22:34 -0500, CatNipped
wrote:

I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n Tenessee

I use the tiny Corelle bowls.

I usually use the black plastic frozen entre dishes (That humans eat)
to feed them their canned food in twice a day 3 cans for 5 kitties and
put them in dish washer after every use. I usually eat these frozen
entres in the evening so I have quit a pile of them.

They get their water in a large ceramic bowl and dry food in one of
the jar type containers that hold several days supply because they
have the dry at their disposal all the time.

Old July 14th 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n Tenessee

I used to use plastic dishes until Nanki-Poo (RB) developed a rash on his
chin that the vet said could be caused by an allergy to plastic. Now the
dry food is served in stainless steel dishes, the water is in a large
ceramic bowl (except for Waffles' water, which is in the toilet), and the
small amount of canned food I give Waffles every day is served in a cute
little ceramic dish.

Joy

Old July 14th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Michael Lane wrote:

I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

I used to use saucers which they did like, but so much of the food went
over the edges I switched to ceramic dessert bowls picked up cheaply
from the charity shops, nice and wide but keeps the food in too :-)
I alsohave a selection of stainless steel cat bowls as backups.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old July 14th 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Michael Lane" wrote in message

I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n Tenessee

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I use ceramic bowls. The ones I use for food are oval and very shallow (so
the whiskers won't touch the sides). The water bowl is deeper and wider.

MaryL

Old July 14th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 14, 1:49*pm, nobody wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 07:43:33 -0500, (Michael Lane)
wrote:

I been feeding mine from stainless steel bowls, but have discovered
that they like eating wet food off a saucer, or seem to anyway.

Michael Lane
n *Tenessee

Cats seem to do better eating wt food off a flat plate, rather than from
a bowl.

My stainless steel food and water bowls have straight sides, and a
straight bottom, so there is a bit of a shallow 'corner', that makes it
harder to get all the food easily.

I use a small glass plate for wet food now, that is about the size of a
saucer. Avoid plastic plates or saucers.

Cats can be picky about food....well, that's the understatement of the
century!

They can and are....but not my cat. Anything I put in his bowls, he
snarfs up
which gives me the idea I should have named him Hoover or Dyson (Dirt
Devil
seems unkind).