The end of the chronicles

Old December 7th 05, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The end of the chronicles

I've made an appointment with the vet, and she kindly agreed to make a
home call. She will come tomorrow at 6 pm Finnish time (4 pm Greenwich
Mean Time) to send Frank on his last journey. I'm so grateful to her for
coming here, so I don't have to go on the bus, and especially don't have
to come home on the bus with the empty carrier.

I'm not absolutely sure that it is the right time yet, but I'd rather he
go now, when he still isn't feeling too bad, than let him suffer a
single day too long. His eyes have been weary for such a long time
already, and though I didn't want to see it myself, he has been wasting
away for some time now. Anyone who came to visit, who hadn't seen him in
a while, commented on how thin he's become.

If you want to remember him as he used to be, please google for his
chronicles on rpca. They are called 'The Chronicles of Frank' + Roman
number. I thought about taking a last picture of him, but I don't want
to remember him the way he is now, so thin and so tired. This is how I
want to remember him:

http://tinyurl.com/5ac43

I will have him cremated and scatter his ashes on the island, at the
rosebush with Nikki's.

--
Marina
Old December 7th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

*SOBBING*

{{{{{{{{{{Marina and Frank}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear this. But I am glad that the vet will come to the
house - this will make it so much easier for him and for you. Please give
him extra scritches from me from now until he makes his final journey.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Marina

Old December 7th 05, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
I've made an appointment with the vet, and she kindly agreed to make a
home call.

Purrs and bright blessings for a safe passage for Frank.

My inlaws had a dog named Bailey who had, I think, a stroke or some
kind of brain damage when he got hit by a car. (He ran in front of
their car as they came in their driveway, I believe). He got really
thin, and walked compulsively in circles. It hurt me to look at him
and I wish they'd had him PTS. In the end, he somehow got out of the
house and onto the road where another car hit him, fatally. DP and I
suspect that Bailey went onto the road on purpose, basically an act of
suicide/self-release.

Similarly, when I was a child I had a dog who had a stroke. Two weeks
later, Amber threw herself down the hay chute. Sadly the fall did not
kill her (she landed on fallen hay) and she lingered another week,
through a series of strokes before she died.

If Frank is hurting so badly, so tired and thin, then a calm passage at
home is far preferable than the last days of Bailey and Amber.

--Fil

Old December 7th 05, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oh, Marina,
My heart aches for you, but I hope you can find peace with your
decision. Frank will be fondly remembered by so many around the world.
We will light a candle for him. And send cyber hugs to you.

-Caroline S.

Old December 7th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And I forgot to add, May we all have as rich a life and as dignified
an end.

Hugs and purrs,
Caroline S.

Old December 7th 05, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

So sorry. But happy for both of you that the vet comes and you don't have to
suffer the extra stress of that journey.

You have the most gentle headbutts from Thea and comforting, but drooly
purrs from Bono.

We will miss Frank with you, but will always remember him playing on the
island, that is a lovely picture.

Purrs for you all and for everything going as smooth as possible.

"Paja Frank" softly one last time for me.
We will be ligthing a candle for his journey.
Hugs
Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old December 7th 05, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote

I've made an appointment with the vet, and she kindly agreed to make a
home call. She will come tomorrow at 6 pm Finnish time (4 pm Greenwich
Mean Time) to send Frank on his last journey.

SO sorry that the time has had to come, but I do think you're doing the
right thing for Frank.
Cats are so good at hiding their ailments (I didn't catch Peri's fatal
illness until it was truly well advanced) that they're inevitably more
poorly than we think they are. I inhabit the FIP yahoo board which is
crowded with literally hundreds of tales of people who now regret
hanging on to their beloveds (for their own emotional sakes) for too
long.

I for one will be with you at 4PM GMT tomorrow, blurred screen and all,
as your extra special boy joins mine, and Nikki, at the RB, where he
will be free of all ills.

Purrs to the max

Gordon & the FF

Old December 7th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And the end of an era, or at least it feels like that.
With some older pets you can just see their battery run lower and lower, and
there comes a moment that you decide it's time to end it. You have a great
vet, and if she's prepared to come to your house she'll be there for you all
the way, and you'll grieve together.
Wishing you strength, also for the time in between now and tomorrow, spoil
Frank as much as you can, he'll be grateful to you for your last gift to
him.

Nanny

"Marina" schreef in bericht

Old December 7th 05, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
[...]

I am crying right now as if Frank were one of my own kitties!

And it was 3 years ago today that we helped Ivy, who suffered with CRF,
across the bridge!

December is a sucky month!