I'm Home!

Old June 5th 05, 09:56 PM
Christina Websell

Default I'm Home!

At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back to
Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than a
kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised.
I was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round Stan's
legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with anyone
that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still could) that
would be great that he could be happy.
But..I am a bit selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to be
mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do. Am I
bad to feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

Old June 5th 05, 10:10 PM
Sam Nash

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back
to Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than
a kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised.
I was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round
Stan's legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with
anyone that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still
could) that would be great that he could be happy.
But..I am a bit selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to
be mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do.
Am I bad to feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

Here are purrs to help you pass the "trial". There truly is no place like
home and I'm thrilled you are well enough for it this quickly. As to being
selfish, I don't think so. He's your baby and you rightly expect him to be
yours for a long, long time.

Complete recovery purrs coming across the pond as well.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old June 5th 05, 10:43 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:56:14 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back
to Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than
a kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised. I
was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round
Stan's legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with
anyone that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still
could) that would be great that he could be happy. But..I am a bit
selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to be mine only,
like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do. Am I bad to
feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

You will do just fine if you just forget your normal routine and just do
the easy things. Cleaning and cooking can wait --
When I couldn't bend easily to scoop the litter box,my son made a long
wooden handle for a scooper, which made the job easy. I had to get help
later on when the litter needed changing. If you have a microwave oven,
frozen food makes that job easier. When I drove the car, I used a small
pillow under the seat belt to protect my sore tummy.
Walking helps restore your strength but don't make it strenuous.

Purrs for a complete recovery. MLB

Old June 5th 05, 10:45 PM
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back
to Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than
a kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised.
I was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round
Stan's legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with
anyone that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still
could) that would be great that he could be happy.
But..I am a bit selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to
be mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do.
Am I bad to feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

Its normal to feel this way. However cats being what they are it isn't
likely to do you much good. Some of them do prefer men.

That's why I still miss my Rosie so much. All the other cats we've had
prefer Charlie. And Molly prefers the neighborhood kids and the teenage
grandsons. Jake at least tries not to play favorites. He knows I'm the
only one that will brush him and let him kneed with his needle sharp claws.
But still I know if he had to choose....

Hopefully BF is just giving you the cold shoulder for a while so you will be
properly contrite for abandoning him.

Jo

Old June 6th 05, 12:53 AM
Yoj

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back

Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than a
kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised.
I was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round

Stan's
legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with anyone
that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still could) that
would be great that he could be happy.
But..I am a bit selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to

be
mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do. Am

bad to feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

It's wonderful that you're home! I hope you really will go back to Auntie
Margaret's if you aren't up to being on your own, but I hope you can stay
there. Dorothy was right. There's no place like home!

As for BF, no you aren't bad. Your feelings are perfectly normal. I
suspect his attitude will change quickly. When my daughter took me home
from the airport, after four weeks in Australia, Lindy allowed me to pet
her, but when we sat down, it was my daughter she went to, rather than me.
After my daughter left, though, Lindy was all over me. BF is probably just
punishing you for being away, and he'll soon forgive you because he's glad
you're home.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old June 6th 05, 01:34 AM
Annie Wxill

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
.... Now I have a chance on life again I want him to be
mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do. Am
I bad to feel this, or is it normal?
Tweed

He knows you're still Number 1.
He was just kissing up to Stan because he didn't know if you were back for
good or not and he didn't want to risk insulting the provider of the food.
Simply a survival tactic, I'd say.
Annie

Old June 6th 05, 01:36 AM
Pat

Glad to see you're feeling well enough to at least try out being back home.
BF will come around. Take it easy and take advantage of being with the furry
healers.

Old June 6th 05, 02:01 AM
Irulan

Christina Websell wrote:
At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back to
Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than a
kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised.
I was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round Stan's
legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with anyone
that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still could) that
would be great that he could be happy.
But..I am a bit selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to be
mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do. Am I
bad to feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

aw, BoyFriend is YOUR boyfriend and he loves
you and missed you lots just like KFC. Glad to
hear you're back home, take it easy, and check
in here with us everyday to let us know how
everything is going, ok?
Jazz & his mama

--
Irulan
from now until the end of time.

Old June 6th 05, 02:28 AM
Catnipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
At least I'm on trial - to see if I can manage - otherwise straight back

Auntie Margarets..She made me promise not to lift anything heavier than a
kettle of water or try to clean chicken pens out, so I've promised.
I was just so homesick and wanted to see KFC & BF. Actually, I think I
missed them more than they did me, judging how BF wound himself round

Stan's
legs! I am glad in one way because it means he would settle with anyone
that fed him and if anything should happen to me (and it still could) that
would be great that he could be happy.
But..I am a bit selfish. Now I have a chance on life again I want him to

be
mine only, like he was. I know that I shouldn't feel this, but I do. Am

bad to feel this, or is it normal?

Tweed

Welcome home. Feeling this way is perfectly normal - all love is just a
little bit selfish.

Hugs,

CatNipped