Undercover kitty

Old November 18th 04, 06:18 AM
Takayuki

Default Undercover kitty

Anyone else notice their cats' sleeping habits changing with the
weather? The coming winter will be my second one with Betty, and
she's starting to beg to get under the covers with me, just like she
did last year. Most of the year, Betty sleeps on top of the covers on
my chest or stomach, but now, she'll paw at the right shoulder to get
me to lift up the covers so that she can get in.

When Betty is under the covers with me, she usually sleeps with her
chin and one foreleg draped over my right biceps, and my hand on her
flank. When I get up in the morning, it's an awwww moment when I
first see her next to me. Her position on my arm is like that of an
exhausted swimmer hanging onto a log, except she has the most
contented smile on her face. She's right next to my head, and I'm
already holding her, so it's a perfect time for kisses.

Yesterday, Betty told me that she wanted the best of both worlds, and
insisted on sleeping on my tummy while under the covers. This is
something new. If people saw that, they would probably wonder why I
have this big lump under the covers.

Old November 18th 04, 06:37 AM
Takayuki

Karen Chuplis wrote:

Absolutely. But what I can't figure out is that it isn't really connected to
temperature. Grant and Sugar started sleeping with me again in Sept. when it
was still warm. In April, Grant will go back to his window. The temp in the
apartment is relatively the same year round. But they definitely have a
"seasonal clock".

That's another thing that I notice - Betty doesn't sleep in front of
the windows when the days get shorter. Maybe it's because the sun
doesn't feel as warm.

Old November 18th 04, 01:23 PM
Victor Martinez

Takayuki wrote:
Anyone else notice their cats' sleeping habits changing with the
weather? The coming winter will be my second one with Betty, and

Big time. In the summer we're lucky if we get one cat, usually Luna, to
sleep in bed with us. As the weather starts getting cooler, we get more
and more cats. Basho likes to get under the covers, between the sheet
and the comforter, right between my legs...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 18th 04, 02:16 PM
Helen Wheels

Takayuki wrote:

[...]

I'm so jealous - none of my cats like to get under the blankets. Simon
was the only one who would - he used to sleep with one paw and his chin
on my arm just like your Betty. Maybe one of the others will take up the
under-the-blanket habit next winter. Purring teddy bears!

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM