Smudgie and her Enclosure

Old September 15th 10, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Default Smudgie and her Enclosure

Hi Everyone

I was asked on fb how Smudgie was getting along with her enclosure and
thought I'd do a little update on here too.

Basically she loves it and so do I! It took her a while to go to the window
instead of the patio door when she wanted to go out but she's got the hang
of it now. She has logs and toys in there and I keep the grass longer so
she can hunt bugs and hide in the grass if she wants to. The only thing
still missing is a little house, I'm working on that. I did fear she would
see the rest of the garden and yowl to be let out but she hasn't. She goes
out in it when I get up in the mornings and Donna gets her in when she goes
to work. I open the window again as soon as I get home from work and she is
in and out until we go to bed around 11. I love the way she comes in, comes
over to me and mieows "ok you are still here, I'm ok, just popping in for
some fudz" then goes back out again. She is also learning to tolerate other
neighbourhood cats, she still climbs the side of the enclosure and puffs out
her tail but she no longer screams and hollers at them! She has adapted her
"zoomies" sessions to incorporate the dining table, i.e. she comes flying in
through the window, bounces off the dining table and heads into the hallway.
She then does an about turn, back into the lounge, up the stairs, back down
again, across the lounge, onto the dining table and back out the window. No
wonder she now eats another whole pouch of food a day with all that energy
she is using up!

I'm not sure how it's going to work out in the winter, it will be cold
having the window open all the time. Mind you, Smudgie isn't keen on
rain/wind/snow etc so hopefully she will choose to stay in more then.

All in all, the enclosure is a huge hit with her and with me. She can go in
and out as she wants and I don't have to worry about her safety.

How are your cats getting along in theirs Cheryl?

Sharon & Smudgie

Old September 15th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
[...]

That's great! I don't think you could ask for better results.

What a happy outcome to a very frightening chapter in your lives. I love
reading about it, it makes me happy too!
Karla

Old September 15th 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

That's great! I don't think you could ask for better results.

What a happy outcome to a very frightening chapter in your lives. I love
reading about it, it makes me happy too!
Karla

Thank you Karla, what a lovely thing to say

Sharon

Old September 15th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

[...]

For the winter, I would get a piece of plexiglass the size of the window
and saw a piece out to install a cat flap. Also glue or screw a couple of
handles to make it easy to lift the plexiglass in and out as needed.

Bobble
Old September 15th 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:52:11 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

[...]

Am so very, very glad everything worked out so great for her and you.

God bless both

Old September 15th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 9/15/2010 6:52 AM, Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad that things have worked out for Miss Smudgie and you. We
blocked the excess area around our enclosure door with some sturdy wood,
insulation, and sealant. A small window insert might also work, or
maybe even Plexiglas. I hope that you can solve the draft problem
before the winter snows. It's amazing the weather they will go outside in.

Pam S.
Old September 15th 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

It sure sounds like Smudgie is VERY happy with her new 'outside room'.

I'm so glad that she likes it so much, and that she's getting lots of
exercise running in and out of it.

I think that she is figuring out that she is safe from the evil cats she
sees outside her enclosure

And, most important, Smudgie won't ever go missing again!

As for winter use: could you make, or have made, an insert for the
window, with a good cat flap on it, and some weather stripping around
the edges, to keep the cold air outside? Just a thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100915-1, 09/15/2010
Tested on: 9/15/2010 12:26:41 PM

Old September 16th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

[...]

That sounds like purrrr-fection for your little master. What a good slave
you are! Can you get some pictures of her in her enclosure (I'd only seen
the pics of the enclosure while it was still being built, so sorry if I'm
asking duplicate info).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old September 16th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_3_]

That sounds like purrrr-fection for your little master. What a good slave
you are! Can you get some pictures of her in her enclosure (I'd only seen
the pics of the enclosure while it was still being built, so sorry if I'm
asking duplicate info).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Hi CatNipped

I have a few pics on Facebook, the link is;
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...6&id=838743619

Hope you can see them, there are only a couple of her in there, I really
must take some more!
There is a video of her in it too, not sure if the link will work though!
http://www.facebook.com/sharon.kiff?...v=427929248619

Sharon

Old September 16th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" sharonand wrote in message

That sounds like purrrr-fection for your little master. What a good
slave
you are! Can you get some pictures of her in her enclosure (I'd only
seen the pics of the enclosure while it was still being built, so sorry
if I'm asking duplicate info).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Hi CatNipped

I have a few pics on Facebook, the link is;
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...6&id=838743619

Hope you can see them, there are only a couple of her in there, I really
must take some more!
There is a video of her in it too, not sure if the link will work though!
http://www.facebook.com/sharon.kiff?...v=427929248619

Sharon

Oh my gawd!!! That video is priceless! Smudgie looks ecstatic. Good job -
very, very nice!