Yes, Kitty, it's Raining!

Old July 27th 11, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Yes, Kitty, it's Raining!

I'm cat sitting again for my neighbor. They are indoor/outdoor cats. It
started raining lightly yesterday morning. After I fed the boys Fedders
wanted out. (Schwartzie just doesn't seem to care about going out anymore.)
Fedders got halfway down the covered walkway from the kitchen door and
realized hey! It's wet out here! Yes, it is. So he came back inside.
Then he went to the sliding door. So I opened it. He stuck his head out...
oh gee, it's raining out here, too! LOL

Today it's raining even harder but he wanted to try anyway. He didn't get
very far. Yikes! It's still all wet! Yes, little guy, it is. So the cats
are staying inside. They've been fed, watered, poop scooped and it won't
hurt them one bit to stay inside. Better than spending time crouched in the
mud under a dripping bit of shrubbery.

Oh, and my neighbor left a paperback book on her patio table. It was
drenched. There's probably no hope for it but I brought it in and left it
to sort of dry out in her kitchen sink.

Jill

Old July 27th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/27/2011 06:51 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

We had a major rain/thunder storm yesterday with some flooding in the
south section of the valley. The cause was a storm drain that was not
functioning fully while under repair. Didn't make those afflicted very
happy. According to weather report, this storm system should reappear
every afternoon for a week. TuTu just doesn't want to go out either.
It turned quite cold last night -- still have a quilt on the bed at
night. It is very unusual weather for late July. Best wishes. MLB
Old July 27th 11, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"MLB" wrote
We had a major rain/thunder storm yesterday ... According to weather
report, this storm system should reappear every afternoon for a
week....very unusual weather for late July.

Send it to SW Missouri please. The grass here is brown and crunching
underfoot. Trees are starting to turn brown.

Old July 28th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/27/2011 03:25 PM, Pat wrote:
wrote
We had a major rain/thunder storm yesterday ... According to weather
report, this storm system should reappear every afternoon for a
week....very unusual weather for late July.

Send it to SW Missouri please. The grass here is brown and crunching
underfoot. Trees are starting to turn brown.

After years of draught, we are not really complaining. I got a good look at the mountains last Sunday and there is still a lot of snow on the Wasatch mountains at the high elevations. There is a lot of snow on the Oquirrahs also

Old July 28th 11, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Jul 27, 5:51*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

once had a hospital cat SCREAMING at me during a rainy day, that he
wanted to go OUT, and go out NOW... I tried to tell him it was
pouring outside, but he was VERY insistent...(Flame Point siamese mix,
so he was YOWLING)

So I said, "Fine." and opened the door to the downpour outside.

Mango ran outside....and then ran RIGHT back in. As he glared at me
while i toweled him off, I said, "I did TRY to tell you."

But it still was my fault.

Kristi
Old July 28th 11, 08:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

***

Of course it was.