World's bravest cat defends owner from pit pack attack

Old August 30th 10, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default World's bravest cat defends owner from pit pack attack

The 97-year-old Harrison, Michigan resident was working in her garden
recently when her neighbors four pit bulls surrounded her.

Rest of story he

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13056609

Owners should get fined $10,000 and/or 10 years, IMHO.

Lucky for the very elderly woman her cat was there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100829-1, 08/29/2010
Tested on: 8/30/2010 6:59:30 AM

Old August 30th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 30, 4:59*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:

Owners should get fined $10,000 and/or 10 years, IMHO.

and the cat should get a HUGE plate of whatever his favourite treat
is!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 30th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

The 97-year-old Harrison, Michigan resident was working in her garden
recently when her neighbors four pit bulls surrounded her.

Rest of story he

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13056609

Owners should get fined $10,000 and/or 10 years, IMHO.

Lucky for the very elderly woman her cat was there!

Brave, and *smart*. She distracted the 4 big doofuses so her human could
get out of harm's way.

What a frightening thing for this woman to have gone through - it would
be scary for anyone, but especially for someone who probably isn't very
strong or able-bodied anymore. What a great kitty!

Joyce

--
Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living
creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of
Old August 30th 10, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 30 Aug, 12:59, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
The 97-year-old Harrison, Michigan resident was working in her garden
recently when her neighbors four pit bulls surrounded her.

Rest of story he

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13056609

Owners should get fined $10,000 and/or 10 years, IMHO.

Lucky for the very elderly woman her cat was there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100829-1, 08/29/2010
Tested on: 8/30/2010 6:59:30 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2010 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com

What a great story, thank you for sharing.

Jeanette
Old August 31st 10, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Aug 30, 11:20*am, Judith Latham
wrote:
In article , Gandalf

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
The 97-year-old Harrison, Michigan resident was working in her garden
recently when her neighbors four pit bulls surrounded her.
Rest of story he
http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13056609
Owners should get fined $10,000 and/or 10 years, IMHO.
Lucky for the very elderly woman her cat was there!

What a very brave and resourceful cat. I'm sure Tiger got something very
nice to eat.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I hope he got not only a treat, but lots of love and praise for his
courage. =o) I was afraid this story would have a very sad ending, so
I'm very happy Tiger escaped unhurt.

People who own aggressive dogs really, REALLY need to keep them under
control. It just makes me mad when I hear about people, especially
children getting seriously injured by attacks from vicious dogs whom
their owners allowed to wander loose.

Melissa
Old August 31st 10, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Gandalf
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
The 97-year-old Harrison, Michigan resident was working in her garden
recently when her neighbors four pit bulls surrounded her.

Rest of story he

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13056609

Owners should get fined $10,000 and/or 10 years, IMHO.

Lucky for the very elderly woman her cat was there!

What a very brave and resourceful cat. I'm sure Tiger got something very
nice to eat.

Judith

There's a video of the cat and her slave on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5klt-...layer_embedded

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old August 31st 10, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 31 Aug, 06:59, Shiral wrote:

People who own aggressive dogs really, REALLY need to keep them under
control. It just makes me mad when I hear about people, especially
children getting seriously injured by attacks from vicious dogs whom
their owners allowed to wander *loose.

Totally with you on this. Only the other day a 10-year old girl was
attacked in Dundee by 2 rottweilers and badly injured- the owner of
the dogs has been charged under the Dangerous Dogs Act for failing to
keep them under control.

Round where I live there are a lot of young men and women with walk
around with Staffordshire bull terriers and boast about how "tough"
their dogs are. (Staffies get a lot of bad press because of it but
the few I've known (My brother had one and my step niece has one) have
been fine) most of these "tough" dogs are being walked with completely
inadequate leashes, like bits of string or even extendable leashes and
fights are pretty commonplace between the dogs. About a month ago one
of them slipped his leash and bolted across the main road to attack
another one and the "owners" seemed to be in no hurry to come after
the dog, they were all laughing

Old August 31st 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Lesley" wrote in message
On 31 Aug, 06:59, Shiral wrote:

[...]

That's very sad to see how little they value their dogs and the unique
partnership that can develop between canine and human when the right
elements are there.
Karla