Adoption Day!!!

Old September 7th 10, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Adoption Day!!!

I posted this in a couple of Yahoo Groups that I belong to, so bear with me.

Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
OK)we know the birth dates of. So, in the interest of sanity,
which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
is Labor Day. We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
typical Virgo with attitude. So today is Adoption Day. Anyone
else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
clowder?

Pam S.

Old September 7th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
I posted this in a couple of Yahoo Groups that I belong to, so bear with
me.

Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
OK)we know the birth dates of. So, in the interest of sanity,
which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
is Labor Day. We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
typical Virgo with attitude. So today is Adoption Day. Anyone
else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
clowder?

Pam S.

Npt knowing TuTu birthday, I picked April lst (April Fool
s Day) to celebrate her birth.
Old September 7th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tanadashoes wrote:

Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
OK)we know the birth dates of. So, in the interest of sanity,
which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
is Labor Day. We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
typical Virgo with attitude. So today is Adoption Day. Anyone
else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
clowder?

All my cats are rescues, so I don't know their exact birth dates,
either. I do more or less know the month, though, because I got them
all as kittens and the shelter knew approximately how old they were.
Turns out they were all born in the late spring. Who would've guessed?
So I celebrate everyone's birthday in May. I never did choose a date,
though.

Joyce

I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old September 7th 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On Sep 6, 10:12*pm, wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:

[...]

I knew Misty(RB)'s exact birth date, so I always celebrated that.

Melody(RB), Harmony(RB), Captain, Stanley, and Mini all are rescues,
so I don't have access to their birth dates.

In the cases of Melody and Harmony, when I adopted them, Melody was 4
months old and Harmony was 3.5 months old. I counted backward and
landed on birthdates of April 1 for Melody and April 15 for Harmony.

Captain and Stanley, meanwhile, were both 9 months old when they were
brought in to the shelter. I counted backward from their surrender
date, and arrived at a date of April 8 for the two of them.

All I have for Mini is an age, and when I look at her paperwork from
the rescue, even that's guess-timated at age 6-10. (She could be on
the high end of that age range, but her previous owners filled out on
the surrender form that they'd only had her for 6 years, so who can
tell?)

In any event, I still haven't decided whether to choose, for her
birthday, the day I first saw her, or her adoption day (April 10).
Either way would work for me.

Donna, and the critters for whom every day is a birthday: Captain,
Stanley, and MIni
Old September 7th 10, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
news
I posted this in a couple of Yahoo Groups that I belong to, so bear with
me.

Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
OK)we know the birth dates of. So, in the interest of sanity,
which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
is Labor Day. We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
typical Virgo with attitude. So today is Adoption Day. Anyone
else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
clowder?

Pam S.

I am very bad at dates, I forget my own birthday most of the time, and I've
never remembered an anniversary. However, I am always in the mood for a
celebration so we celebrate pretty much every month. I tell them the story
of thier births (it's different every time, this month they were born in the
forest and ate pancakes) and we sing a song I make up. Then we have treats
and I tell them how lucky I am that they came to live with me and I will
always take care of them, protect and love them.

I mean it too, and I think they know that.
Karla

Old September 7th 10, 08:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 7 Sep, 01:29, tanadashoes wrote:
I posted this in a couple of Yahoo Groups that I belong to, so bear with me.

* Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
* OK)we know the birth dates of. *So, in the interest of sanity,
* which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
* is Labor Day. *We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
* was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
* typical Virgo with attitude. *So today is Adoption Day. *Anyone
* else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
* clowder?

* Pam S.

We know Cav's birthday near enough, and Annie's too, within a day or
so. We have Cav's original vaccination certificate, and I know how old
Annie was when we took her in. Conveniently enough, they were born in
the same week, five years apart, around the time of Ade's birthday, so
we celebrate all three birthdays together.

We adopted Ripley eighteen months after we got married, and the vet
said that he was about 18 months old then, so we celebrate his
birthday on our wedding anniversary. It's nice to think that he could
very well have been born as we were getting married. It also helps me
remember how long we've been married, as I usually know how old the
cats are.

Jeanette

Old September 7th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

good idea, Pam! Happy adoption day to the entire brood.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 10th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 9/7/2010 12:01 PM, Irulan wrote:
good idea, Pam! Happy adoption day to the entire brood.

Lily & her mama

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
news
I posted this in a couple of Yahoo Groups that I belong to, so bear
with me.

Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
OK)we know the birth dates of. So, in the interest of sanity,
which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
is Labor Day. We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
typical Virgo with attitude. So today is Adoption Day. Anyone
else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
clowder?

Pam S.

Thank you all. Adoption day was celebrated with special attention to
each cat, da nip, brushing, pettins, and a gang of us watched Antique
Roadshow together followed by History Detectives, then Rizzoli and Isles
followed by The Closer. A good time was had by all. Pine Cone has
developed a fascination for cop shows. Do you think he's looking at a
career change?

Pam S.
Old September 12th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Sep 6, 5:29*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
I posted this in a couple of Yahoo Groups that I belong to, so bear with me.

* Here at Chez Shirk, we have so many owners, few of whom (one,
* OK)we know the birth dates of. *So, in the interest of sanity,
* which we lack anyway, we celebrate Adoption Day, which for us
* is Labor Day. *We think that Tanada, our 18 year old Grand Dame
* was born near the beginning of the month and she acts like a
* typical Virgo with attitude. *So today is Adoption Day. *Anyone
* else do something similar or am I the only lazy one of the
* clowder?

* Pam S.

Great idea! The only one of my cats whose birthdate I knew was Nina
(RIP. Francesca's Adoption Day is May 21, and Dmitri's is July 31.

He's doing great, by the way. Full of energy and play, growing fast,
but retaining his kittenish "You can't stay mad at ME" face. =o) And
darn him, I can't. Cuteness is definitely a survival tactic for
growing kittens.

Francesca puts up with a lot from him--until she won't. But I've
seen little nose touches, and on a chilly morning not long ago, I
found them curled up together on my bed. Every now and then though,
she gives me this funny, exasperated "WHY did you have to bring this
uber brat home to live with us???" look.

Melissa

cat adoption MJ Cat anecdotes 3 December 26th 05 01:51 AM
Adoption Day Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 8 June 5th 05 03:32 PM
We have adoption!!!!! Karen Cat anecdotes 81 July 15th 04 01:08 PM
cat for adoption Greta Hsu Cats - misc 8 January 28th 04 05:31 AM
Adoption of an other Cat Sylvie Lauzon Cat health & behaviour 4 October 13th 03 01:45 PM