Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 18th 03, 06:00 PM
Cat Protector

I question this person's priorities as well. I feel really bad this cat
drowned and we have a human who obviously feels that a cat drowning is no
big deal as long as they are a stray. This was a hard lesson to learn and
can be prevented next time. But of course the human here feels that a little
time and money is too much trouble. Montgomery Burns would be proud.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message

Hmmm, the trouble of covering a pool vs the life of a cat. Makes me

wonder
about your priorities. Then again, the cat was just a stray, afterall

said
with much sarcasm

rona

Old July 18th 03, 06:17 PM
Cat Protector

Let me see, people here show their sympathy and sorrow and give you some
great suggestions and you now call them names and then state how high and
might you are and that you treat the cats as kings and queens. One of your
royal members drowns and you say that because they were just a stray that
there is no need to do anything to keep this from happening next time. Why
did you post about this tragedy and then ask for our suggestions to prevent
this from happening if you are not going to take our advice? A pool cover is
great idea and it does not take that much time to put it over the pool or to
remove it when you want to swim. You can also get a retractable one as well.
Of course you state below that the animals will have to take their chances.
It makes me wonder what kind of tragedy it will take for you to learn the
lesson. One life has been lost, will it take another for you to learn? That
is a pretty high price to pay. Would you be so bold about of this if the
child who drowned was a human?

I found your post below a bit disturbing. You state life is full of dangers
for both man and beast. That may be true but even the smartest of beasts and
man learn when a tragedy happens. Perhaps you need to take a few lessons
from those very men and beasts that you say face dangers every day. You tell
Rona not to talk about things she knows nothing about but she brought up a
valid point as sarcastic as it might have been. There is a great opportunity
for you to learn from this tragedy so this can be prevented from happening
again.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tlg064" wrote in message

Its to be expected. Always a know-it-all asshole in every bunch.

First of all I went way above and beyond the call of duty for this stray

cat.
Had her spayed, shots, and routine trips to the vet for checkups and

boosters.
Gave her a loving home as well. All my cats live like kings and queens.

I dont think I have ever heard of anyone covering their pool each time

they use
it to keep animals from falling in it. Defeats the purpose and beauty of

the
pool. We are also talking about a 32ft long pool here. Simply not

practical to
deal with a cover that large on a daily basis. I guess the animals will

just
have to take their chances but I will incorporate some kind of escape

means
just in case. Life is full of dangers for both man and beast.

So Rona. Dont talk about things you know nothing about or dont know the
circumstances. said with much disgust

Tom

Old July 18th 03, 06:19 PM
Cat Protector

Then keep the cats indoors. How hard is that?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tlg064" wrote in message

Alarms would not do any good if I'm not home as happened. In any case I
installed the pool for its convenience long before this stray cat and her
unborn kitten came looking for a home. I guess she picked the wrong home.

I did
however treat her very well and made her feel welcome. From what I hear

and
observe, I treat my cats far better than many, if not most, pet owners.

Till
now it never occured to me that a streetwise cat could fall into the pool

and
drown. The very first day this cat came into my yard she could have fallen

into
the pool. Do I need to cover, fence and alarm my pool for any animal that

may
venture into my yard?

If a person had drowned in your pool, what would you be doing now to

prevent
a "next time"?

My yard is fenced in as required by law. Other than myself and my wife

just
about no one else uses the pool.

Tom

Old July 18th 03, 06:55 PM
Tlg064

Ok so EVERYONE here knows all the answers. And yes I am a step below all of you
as I am being referred to as "this human". I am in fact human.

I dont ever remember be-littling this cats death beacause it was a stray. And
dont any of you morons tell me I should have kept her in. When she first came
she was quite scared of people. Obviously had been abused and was neglected.
She would "sneak" into the house and steal something to eat from my other cats
bowls and scramble back to the door and practically break through the glass
trying to get back out. She was a streetwise outdoors cat and there was not a
thing I or any of you know-it-all geniuses could have done to change that. She
was scary and vicious. Later she was hell bent on having her kitten outside and
it cost me quite a few scratches to get her to have the litter indoors. It was
also quite a challenge getting her to the vet the first couple of times. Did I
need all this **** from a stray cat? Maybe when she went back out the first
time she entered my home I should not have ever let her back in because I was
not going to fight with her to keep her in the house at all times. Should have
told her to get lost. Chased her away with a stick. Right? I think most people
would have in fact turned her away because of her temperment. I went above and
beyond the call of duty and with grueling patience on my part gave this cat a
great life. Much better than she would have had otherwise.

As far as the pool and all your crap about people in Calfornia setting up the
golden gates to access their pools (for the sake of their pets not to impress
their friends) its all fantasy. I had the pool long before the cat. My pool
will remain easily accessible to me and any animals that venture near it. No
fences, clear walls or covers. Here it the northeast USA we only get 2 months
of the year to use the pool. I'll be dambed if every time I enter or leave the
pool or anytime I have to work on it I'm going to deal with a 32ft long cover.
Next you will all be telling me that I should take down the pool in that case.
Not gonna happen.

So you can claim to be a CatProtector but I'll bet that when push comes to
shove you can talk **** a lot but would not have put the effort into taming
this stray as I did.

Tom

Old July 18th 03, 07:48 PM
J~

Let me just say, I have no personal issue with any one in this group, I
think most of us were just trying to help prevent another accident with
your pool.

Things happen and you learn and move on from it.... you hope

J~

Old July 18th 03, 09:16 PM
Karen Chuplis

"Tlg064" wrote in message
[...]

If the California and Golden Gates remark was to ME, I had some friends in
FLORIDA that set up POOL fences and it was simply an offer of advice of what
OTHER people I KNOW actual DO to protect pets from the pool. Jeez. I wasn't
mad until now, but now I am ****ED that my suggestions are flung back at me
like this. I did nothing but offer condolences and try to offer some advice
and your flying off the handle at EVERYONE over two other posters is rude
and insulting to the rest of us. I'm quite certain you feel bad about the
incident and that is part of this temper tantrum but I read many posts
offering you REAL advice and we don't deserve this diatribe. Jeez. Try to be
helpful and look what you get. All I can say is I hope you do something and
it works.

Good bye

Karen