Noisy cat...please help

Old September 10th 04, 10:53 PM
jeannie

Default Noisy cat...please help

"J King" wrote in message
I have a 16 year old Siamese that has been a house cat since she was born.
She accidently got out and was left out alone for a few hours. She's
decided that she prefers to be an outside cat. This is not an option!

She
doesn't know what cars are etc and I live on a busy street. There are

also
lots of stray cats in this area. It's not helping that I took in a stray
last year and she's permitted to come and go. My Siamese has begun crying
all night long! I haven't slept in days! Any of you who are familiar

with
Siamese know how loud they can be. There is nowhere in my house where I

can
escape the noise. Does anyone know what I can do with her??? I'm slowly
going insane. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joanne

Play with her to tire her out during the day and then she may sleep at
night? Maybe if you kept the stray cat in at night too the Siamese cat may
calm down, although this may just mean that you have two noisy cats instead
of one :-)

Jeannie

Old September 11th 04, 05:34 PM
Cat Dancer

Has she been quiet for the last 16 years?
Sounds like she been stocking up.

My siamese have several different voices:
1. pay attention to me!
2. feed me!
3. let me out!
4. I'm in heat! (before getting spayed.)
5. back off! (fur on end, tail blown out)

Which best describes her crying?

J King wrote in message
Thanks for the quick reply. The stray cat is always in at night. And I
work during the day. Although you have given me an idea...I was on

vacation
all summer....the crying has gotten worse since I went back to work last
week.

Joanne

Old September 12th 04, 04:50 AM

My Siamese has begun crying all night
long!

Howling at night is a common symptom of a cat that is hyperthyroid, a
condition that happens in cats around 10 years of age and older. You
should take her to the vet and have her thyroid function tested.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing