Anniversary :-(

Old November 30th 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Anniversary :-(

Five years ago this week we had to send our beloved, wise, beautiful
Fritzie to his eternal retirement across the Bridge.

I wish I'd known about RPCA then; about the pet loss sites and groups
like The Empty Leash. What a horrid day that was! Lost one permanent
job, had one part time holiday job I needed to start that day or no
job at all; I learned I failed the Series 7 exam, writing farewell to
a career as a financial advisor; my "Aunt Flo" came to visit; all on
top of the dreaded duty of mercy we needed to perform that morning,
because deep in my gut I knew we owed it to Fritzie to put him out of
pain. Didn't make it easier, though. How I didn't lose that holiday
mall job--wrecked on far too much valium, painting a glazed smile on
top of deep evil depression--I still don't know.

I pray daily I did right by my dear boy. In my youth my brutal father
didn't believe in veterinary intervention ("unnatural") and let our
animals die sometimes cruelly. I wasn't allowed even the closure of
burial for those who went long before Fritzie. God or Goddess will
deal with the man; I hope I've done right by my dear ones since, and
will find myself worthy of a good judgement.

I will always love you, my beautiful black panther, my guardian, my
sensei. Because I loved you first I find I can love the dear little
ones in my life more than I had imagined. Not more than you, dear
Fritzie, but certainly as much; and not because they may be like you
(for they are) but they are themselves too. Stosh keeps your vigilance
as his cherished duty and pleasure, and Roxie and Sabrina maintain
your wise counsel; Brandy and China play like you and Philip, when he
lounges in his nest, has a look on his face like you at your most
content. And yet they are themselves, their own beautiful selves, and
I thank you for these gifts you left me to remember you by. I was able
to love again, and love those in sore need of it.

A sad anniversary, yet a happy one because I am able to remember you
now for all the good and fun things: how you stole our yogurt and
scolded if we came back smelling of curry and didn't have a treat for
you. How you pretended to scrape litter over a boyfriend's shoes
because you couldn't abide the sight of him, and decided when he was
gone that Louie was the one worthy of having you adopt him. How you
loved to watch Star Trek with me, mellowed out to jazz and really had
issues with Queen. This and nineteen years of memories, dear one.

I hope you're happy in your retirement, and that you wait for me as
fondly as I wait to see you again, will all my babies. Take care of
Odessa-Dolly for me, and Bozer and the RPCA kitties, and Ivan and all
those who didn't have a chance to be loved in a forever-home.

I love you.

Blessed be,
Your Mama

In memory of Fritzie 1986-2004
Old December 1st 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Hugs!

I'm sure you did the right thing. I am firmly convinced that when making
that decision is as painful as it obviously was for you, that means that we
love the dear critters enough to release them from pain and misery, no
matter how miserable it makes us.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old December 1st 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
BfloPolska typed:

Why is my monitor melting?

Through tears,

Yowie

Old December 2nd 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Fritzie didn't approve of The Prophet? Those are sweet memories
you have of a good boy kitty.
Old December 2nd 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Dec 1, 7:49*pm, Takayuki wrote:
Fritzie didn't approve of The Prophet? *Those are sweet memories
you have of a good boy kitty.

No, he was on pretty good terms with Jeff but didn't seem to have
connected with him as strongly as he did with Louie. There were others
after Jeff, whom Fritzie had issues with. Two potential suitors
Fritzie swatted at and cursed when they tried to pet him, and this
behavior was out of the ordinary; he was a very friendly cat under all
other circumstances. Mitch was the one on the receiving end of the
litter-over-shoes maneuver, and with good cause. Turned out he was
into the so-called "Christian Identity" movement and as I had no wish
to marry a neo-Nazi I broke it off. The guys whom Fritzie merely
slapped, well, those relationships ended on volatile terms as well. He
was a wise boy, and a keen judge of character; and when he left this
world, The Prophet Jeff was there too, and he mourned bitterly the
loss of an intelligent friend.

Blessed be,
Baha

Anniversary GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 17 October 23rd 07 09:56 PM
Another sad anniversary Marina Cat anecdotes 31 December 11th 06 08:43 PM
Anniversary JBHajos Cat anecdotes 32 January 28th 05 11:18 AM
A sad anniversary ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 15 August 30th 04 11:02 PM
Sad Anniversary CajunPrincess Cat anecdotes 24 August 14th 04 04:07 PM