Food games

Old October 16th 11, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Food games

This morning Dave visited the farmer's market. I had asked for a few tomatos
(we didn't get very many this year for some weird reason; last year we swam
in them), he came back with about a million green beans. Humongous beans,
thick and half as long as my forearm. No sooner did he set the bag down than
little Sally dug into it and pulled out one of the beans. She had been
complaining right before that it had been three hours since breakfast and
she was starving again.

Sally seemed determined to eat the raw bean, but Arthur took it away from
her and carried it through the house. Picture a cat carrying a bean in his
mouth with about five inches of bean sticking out on each side.... Soon
Abigail wrested the bean from Arthur and galloped off with it. She made the
mistake of dropping it on the floor, whereupon Sally snatched it back and
started nomming on it.

The three little freaks carried on with killing the big bad bean and
by-and-by we had to quit watching them and attend to some errands. I had
forgotten about the incident until after we finished our supper (in which
green beans played a large role) this evening. As I was taking the used
supper plates to the kitchen, I noticed a two-inch fragment of mangled raw
green bean sitting in the center of the cats' leftover kibble.

Old October 16th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:03:44 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:
In article , Pat
wrote:
The three little freaks carried on with killing the big bad bean and
by-and-by we had to quit watching them and attend to some errands. I had
forgotten about the incident until after we finished our supper (in
which green beans played a large role) this evening. As I was taking
the used supper plates to the kitchen, I noticed a two-inch fragment of
mangled raw green bean sitting in the center of the cats' leftover
kibble.

That poor little bean stood no chance.

Over there, don't they call them "runner beans", because the cats have
to run off with them?
Old October 17th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

[...]

I think they've been taking lessons from Caliban.

My cats aren't vegetable freaks, but they do love grain products.

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought
the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com