Food (still not OT?)

Old June 19th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default Food (still not OT?)

Ben and I have lived here in Spring for about 8 years now. We travel the
road to Target quite a bit (even though we shop at the cheaper Wal-Mart) -
but we've never before noticed the Chinese restaurant directly opposite
Target. Just out of the blue, Monday, Ben asked if I wanted to "settle" for
Chinese instead of the Subway sandwich I'd had my stomach set for (the new
turkey, bacon, avocado, it's good BTW), and I said yes. OMG!!! I have
never had better food of *ANY* sort in my entire life (maybe just shoving
out Ben's BBQ shrimp)! Pardon the language, but that was like having an
org*sm in my mouth!!!!

I'm sorry it's not a chain that everyone could enjoy, it's a very small
restaurant, the owner works in the kitchen. It's called "Hoi Yin". We have
eaten there twice this week (again, Monday was the first time) and ordered
take-out twice. The BBQ ribs are to die for and we order just the
appetizers - even just the four ribs are meaty enough to satisfy even Ben
and they're only $5.50 for the four - veggie spring rolls are only $2.60.
I'm *SO* glad it's so affordable or we'd go broke feeding this new
addiction.

I have no idea why I even posted this except that I just got finished eating
some ribs and needed to express my delight to someone. I think I might even
itself to me! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old June 19th 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 19, 8:52*am, BfloPolska wrote:

Sometimes the holes in the wall are best.

Yeah we have a place called the "Kam Hong"- it's about 10 minutes walk
away and annoys us enormously by doing such a great trade it doesn;t
need to deliver but I think I might stroll down there in a ,minute I
could really devour some of their exquisite duck with pineapple

But my favorite is this place called Golden Duck where they have two
menus. The first is standard fare. The second you have to ask for,
because it's the *real* Chinese food.

Sounds a bit like the place literally next door to us- it's called
"Original Taste" and makes the bulk of the profits doling out fried
chicken, fries, doner kebabs and burgers to the local Bengali/
Bangladeshi/Pakistani etc popualtion all of which they devour eagerly
whilst everyone else thinks that stuff is rubbish (Their cod burger is
undoubtedly in my top 5 of worse things I've ever eaten and may even
be number one) and gets the other menu, which although limited serves
fantastic Bengali etc food at bargain prices

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs (Now tossing up between a "Kam Hong"
Duck and pineapple and an "Original Taste" lamb tikka- simply the best
lamb tikka)
Old June 19th 11, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Ben, in a burst of generosity gave me his share of the leftovers - a great
sacrifice (and needed since I had a really, really bad morning (don't as, it
was gross as well as painful). I do love him so despite any faults.
Archer is doing his best to lean over my arms to catch a whiff/bite of the
goodies (the only, and I mean *ONLY* people food all fours of my cats show
interest in besides Popeye's chicken (and then only two seem interested).

--

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

might even go back for seconds! I just wish some of that meatiness would
transfer itself to me! ;