Cat with sore jaw & mouth

Old December 18th 03, 03:52 AM
Chrissy

Default Cat with sore jaw & mouth

Hi, i have a question about my cat Taz, today i noticed his mouth was
open most of the day, i tried to check it but he screamed. He's going
to the vet tomorrow morning. As it got later in the evening, i noticed
it started to swell and he's in pain, and his face just doesn't look
right. I'm a nervous wreck, and feel sick to my stomach having to wait
til the morning. Has anyone ever heard of this? He's about 10 yrs old &
he is an indoor cat, and usually very calm, so i don't know what could
have happened to him. I'm very scared. Thanks for any input.
Chrissy

Old December 18th 03, 04:21 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Chrissy composed with style:
Hi, i have a question about my cat Taz, today i noticed his mouth
was open most of the day, i tried to check it but he screamed.
He's going to the vet tomorrow morning. As it got later in the
evening, i noticed it started to swell and he's in pain, and his
face just doesn't look right. I'm a nervous wreck, and feel sick to
my stomach having to wait til the morning. Has anyone ever heard of
this? He's about 10 yrs old & he is an indoor cat, and usually very
calm, so i don't know what could have happened to him. I'm very
scared. Thanks for any input.
Chrissy

I wonder if he could have a pin or something else small and sharp
stuck in there? I think I read something similar to this once.
Yowch. Good luck to Taz...

Old December 18th 03, 04:31 AM
Dennis Carr

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:52:10 -0500, Chrissy wrote:

Hi, i have a question about my cat Taz, today i noticed his mouth was
open most of the day, i tried to check it but he screamed. He's going
to the vet tomorrow morning. As it got later in the evening, i noticed
it started to swell and he's in pain, and his face just doesn't look
right. I'm a nervous wreck, and feel sick to my stomach having to wait
til the morning.

Absess perhaps? If you can, get kitty to an emergency vet.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old December 18th 03, 05:41 AM
William Hamblen

On 2003-12-18, Chrissy wrote:

Hi, i have a question about my cat Taz, today i noticed his mouth was
open most of the day, i tried to check it but he screamed. He's going
to the vet tomorrow morning. As it got later in the evening, i noticed
it started to swell and he's in pain, and his face just doesn't look
right. I'm a nervous wreck, and feel sick to my stomach having to wait
til the morning. Has anyone ever heard of this? He's about 10 yrs old &
he is an indoor cat, and usually very calm, so i don't know what could
have happened to him. I'm very scared. Thanks for any input.

Possibly it is dental trouble. Ten years old is old enough to have
bad teeth. Cats can get abcesses from decayed teeth and the result can
look awful. Fortunately they can bounce right back with treatment.

Old December 18th 03, 05:41 AM
William Hamblen