shocks from mice? (OT)

Old March 24th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default shocks from mice? (OT)

Pat wrote:
I am losing my mind, or are there other people who sometimes feel
electrical hits in the hand from the computer's mouse.

Please, folks, don't be kind and say you have felt this if you have
not. Be honest. I need to know if it's time to call the guys in the
white coats to come and take me away to the funny farm.

I imagine it's possible for static to build up as you use the mouse, that
would give you a mild shock.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 24th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dave Gerecke" wrote in message
m.au...
In article , wafflycat
wrote:

No, you shouldn't be sent to the funny farm. I, on the other hand, may
be,
as I read the title of your posts and had a mental vision of small
rodents
armed with cattle prods ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Oh, good, I thought I was alone there.
I have a very, very wierd imagination
dave

Well it was either cattle prods or hoardes of small rodents wearing
dirty-old-man coats and all lining up to do a quick *flash* and that would
certainly be shocking ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old March 24th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dave Gerecke wrote:
In article , wafflycat

No, you shouldn't be sent to the funny farm. I, on the other hand, may be,
as I read the title of your posts and had a mental vision of small rodents
armed with cattle prods ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Oh, good, I thought I was alone there.
I have a very, very wierd imagination
dave

I'm glad, too, to see that I wasn't the only one. I didn't even notice
the OT, I thought the cats were under attack from some sort of urban
mouse squad.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 24th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

No, you shouldn't be sent to the funny farm. I, on the other hand,
may be,
as I read the title of your posts and had a mental vision of small
rodents
armed with cattle prods ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Oh, good, I thought I was alone there.
I have a very, very wierd imagination
dave

Well it was either cattle prods or hoardes of small rodents wearing
dirty-old-man coats and all lining up to do a quick *flash* and that
would certainly be shocking ;-)

Cheers, helen s

I think you'd better stop thinking, Helen. ;o)

Old March 24th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

Well it was either cattle prods or hoardes of small rodents wearing
dirty-old-man coats and all lining up to do a quick *flash* and that
would certainly be shocking ;-)

Cheers, helen s

I think you'd better stop thinking, Helen. ;o)

There's a reason I don't think that often ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old March 24th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
I am losing my mind, or are there other people who sometimes feel
electrical hits in the hand from the computer's mouse.

Please, folks, don't be kind and say you have felt this if you have not.
Be honest. I need to know if it's time to call the guys in the white coats
to come and take me away to the funny farm.

I haven't ever got a shock from my computer mouse, but I don't see that it
couldn't be possible. It is attached to your computer, and your computer is
plugged in to "the electricity."
Electricity is funny stuff. All things are possible, bad and good, with
"the electric" so my grandmother said.. smile

Tweed

Old March 25th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

I am losing my mind, or are there other people who sometimes feel electrical
hits in the hand from the computer's mouse.

Please, folks, don't be kind and say you have felt this if you have not. Be
honest. I need to know if it's time to call the guys in the white coats to
come and take me away to the funny farm.

Dunno about the guys in white coats, but you might have an
electrician check your computer connections - it might not
be STATIC electricity!

Old March 25th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

... Pat wrote:
I am losing my mind, or are there other people who sometimes feel
electrical hits in the hand from the computer's mouse.
Please, folks, don't be kind and say you have felt this if you have not.
Be honest. I need to know if it's time to call the guys in the white
coats to come and take me away to the funny farm.

Dunno about the guys in white coats, but you might have an electrician
check your computer connections - it might not be STATIC electricity!

I was thinking the same thing! If that house is in as bad shape as
Pat posts (bad wiring?) there may be more things in there AFA
electric that could do worse than give you "static shocks". But
are you pretty immune to electric shocks anyway? You posted
before about "testing" your electric fence charger by getting
yourself a "pretty good bite" off of it....electrician friends have
told me that unlike the rest of us, they gradually get used to and
are not much bothered by 110V "shocks" while working.
However, we never heard any more re the "bad wiring" of
the house.

Old March 25th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

No, you shouldn't be sent to the funny farm. I, on the other hand, may
be,
as I read the title of your posts and had a mental vision of small
rodents
armed with cattle prods ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Oh, good, I thought I was alone there.
I have a very, very wierd imagination
dave

Well it was either cattle prods or hoardes of small rodents wearing
dirty-old-man coats and all lining up to do a quick *flash* and that would
certainly be shocking ;-)

Cheers, helen s

And just how well do you know me.
And where can you buy the DOM coats?