Food woes

Old April 28th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Food woes

Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper. You
see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia, there's
his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or rice
in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would be
most appreciated.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 28th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper.
You see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia,
there's his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or
rice in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would
be most appreciated.

Purrs on the way. I understand weaning cats off their favourite food can be
very difficult.

Jill

Old April 28th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper. You
see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia, there's
his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or rice
in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would be
most appreciated.

This is a scary time for pet lovers. Many purrs on the way for Basho
and the others to take to some of the good stuff.

Old April 28th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:22:07 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper. You
see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia, there's
his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or rice
in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would be
most appreciated.

Poor Basho! What kind of food does he like? Scouty's very picky but
she'll eat almost any brand of 'chicken' or 'turkey'
pate/old-fashioned mush. They hated a lot of the 'natural' foods
because they were too mushy/chunky or had visible vegetables in
them... about the only 'natural/premium' brand they'll agree to eat is
that Dick Patten's Nature's Balance stuff - they really like that, and
because it's got so much meat in it it fills them up so they eat less.
But they wouldn't touch the kibble. It's science diet or nothing for
them there!
Old April 28th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 27, 9:22?pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper. You
see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia, there's
his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or rice
in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would be
most appreciated.

--
Victor M. Martinez

Oh, I'm sorry about that Victor. I'd guess you're in very good company
all
over the country. It's so hard with a picky eater. I don't know what
we'll
do if Bootsie's favorite gets recalled.
Sherry

Old April 29th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
Poor Basho! What kind of food does he like? Scouty's very picky but

The only food he's consistenly eat is Nutro Gourmet Classics Chicken
Supreme. The turkey and giblets flavor is his 2nd choice. He also likes
the Nutro pouches. He doesn't like pureed foods, it has to be chunks in
gravy. Unfortunately, most of those gravies are thickened with corn or
rice gluten.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 29th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Victor Martinez wrote:

Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper. You
see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia, there's
his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or rice
in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would be
most appreciated.

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old May 1st 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Victor Martinez wrote:
Ever since the recall debacle, Basho has been a very unhappy camper. You
see, he's a VERY PICKY EATER. VERY. Look it up! On wikipedia, there's
his picture next to "very picky eater".
Anyhow, his favorite food in the whole wide world was recalled, so I
have 6 cases of it to return this weekend. I went nuts and ordered a
dozen cases of premium foods online, none of which contains corn or rice
in any form. None of which the cats like.
Any spare purrs for my crew to get weaned off the deadly stuff would be
most appreciated.

Ouch, Victor, that's a difficult problem. I have a couple of picky
eaters, too, although I found out how fix that problem accidentally. I
got them some really weird all-natural no fillers etc. hippie cat food
(grin). They gave it paws down, and now 2 of the 3 who DEMANDED
Sensitive Stomach from Hill's now are happily munching the regular
Hill's Adult diet. Hehehe.

Purrs that you find a way to get your furries to like safe food.

Ginger-lyn