Food Concerns...

Old January 24th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

Default Food Concerns...

For the past couple of days, all four of our kitties, Mosey, Pookie, Sqweex
and Pipps, haven't been wanting to eat their 'gooshy fudz' aka
canned/tinned.
I have no clue what's up with that...they get Friskies canned Tender Morsels
Beef in the morning and chicken at bedtime, with Friskies Indoor Kibbles
left in 2 bowls all the time. And sometimes, they get Friskies pate/ground
canned as well.
I have no idea why they aren't eating...Mosey hurks when he eats the dry
kibble, but the others are okay with it. Everybody's coats are shiny, their
breath is good, they smell good, they use the 'doodleboxes' okay, I'm at a
loss.
They have 3 bowls of water, and are drinking it okay...
We do give them human treats at times, but it isn't a major part of their
diets. Mosey is the thinner one of the clowder, and the oldest, he'll be 8
this year.
They all love their catnip and play okay and love to be cuddled and petted,
and are as talkative as they usually are, acting 'normal'...
Hmmmmm, or as Mosey would say..Mrrrrrrrt...
Any thoughts? The TED isn't worried...

Love
Kyla

Old January 24th 10, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message
For the past couple of days, all four of our kitties, Mosey,
Pookie, Sqweex and Pipps, haven't been wanting to eat their
'gooshy fudz' aka canned/tinned.
I have no clue what's up with that...they get Friskies canned
Tender Morsels Beef in the morning and chicken at bedtime, with
Friskies Indoor Kibbles left in 2 bowls all the time. And
sometimes, they get Friskies pate/ground canned as well.
I have no idea why they aren't eating...

...Any thoughts? The TED isn't worried...

I have heard the pet food manufacturers often change their
recipes, dependent on availability of the raw ingredients.

--
MatSav

Old January 24th 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

since ted isn't worried i would just watch and journal who eats what and
drinks what and uses the box, who, what time... don't get ocd over it but
you will see a pattern and from the pattern you will be able to see if there
is an issue, when we did this we realized for example every cat has a
favorite box, favorite fountain and food bowl, i can say even if it doesn't
help your current question you will find it interesting. Lee

Old January 24th 10, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"MatSav"

"Kyla `=^..^=`"
For the past couple of days, all four of our kitties, Mosey, Pookie,
Sqweex and Pipps, haven't been wanting to eat their 'gooshy fudz' aka
canned/tinned.
I have no clue what's up with that...they get Friskies canned Tender
Morsels Beef in the morning and chicken at bedtime, with Friskies Indoor
Kibbles left in 2 bowls all the time. And sometimes, they get Friskies
pate/ground canned as well.
I have no idea why they aren't eating...

...Any thoughts? The TED isn't worried...

I have heard the pet food manufacturers often change their recipes,
dependent on availability of the raw ingredients.

--
MatSav

Thanks Mat, I hadn't even thought of that.

Old January 24th 10, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

It would be almost impossible to keep a journal of that...
Pookie will get the zoomies up and down the hall and check the water in the
bowls, usually around 2 am. Wierd cat.
I think there might be an issue or something, because I have been feeling
out of sorts lately myself, so maybe the kitties are picking up on it?
Thanks for the info. I did find it interesting.
I do keep a journal of my meds and show it to my TED,

Old January 25th 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:38:36 -0000, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage |
at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote:

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message
For the past couple of days, all four of our kitties, Mosey,
Pookie, Sqweex and Pipps, haven't been wanting to eat their
'gooshy fudz' aka canned/tinned.
I have no clue what's up with that...they get Friskies canned
Tender Morsels Beef in the morning and chicken at bedtime, with
Friskies Indoor Kibbles left in 2 bowls all the time. And
sometimes, they get Friskies pate/ground canned as well.
I have no idea why they aren't eating...

...Any thoughts? The TED isn't worried...

I have heard the pet food manufacturers often change their
recipes, dependent on availability of the raw ingredients.

Cats are notorious for being intolerant of any change in their routine,
home, and food.

It may very well be that if the food is a little different, it may smell
a little 'off' to them.

I would cut down on the gooshy food feedings for a few days, and I'll
bet they will miss their canned food, and will start eating it again.

It is always very worrisome when our cats change their 'normal'
behavior. Especially if they stop eating normally, which can be a major
indicator of some well hidden illness.

Sending purrs that it's just a '******* cat trick'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100124-1, 01/24/2010
Tested on: 1/24/2010 9:54:22 PM

Old January 25th 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jan 24, 4:38*am, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot
"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

For the past couple of days, all four of our kitties, Mosey,
Pookie, Sqweex and Pipps, haven't been wanting to eat their
'gooshy fudz' aka canned/tinned.
I have no clue what's up with that...they get Friskies canned
Tender Morsels Beef in the morning and chicken at bedtime, with
Friskies Indoor Kibbles left in 2 bowls all the time. *And
sometimes, they get Friskies pate/ground canned as well.
I have no idea why they aren't eating...
...Any thoughts? *The TED isn't worried...

I have heard the pet food manufacturers often change their
recipes, dependent on availability of the raw ingredients.

--
MatSav

That's true, Mat. It's very common with inexpensive brands of cat
food. It is called
"low cost formula" or something like that....the "recipe" varies from
time to time
depending on which ingredients are available for the least cost to the
manufacturer.

Sherry