Night time navigation

Old January 22nd 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Night time navigation

LB and I mostly navigate our house at night without turning on any lights.
Sometimes that leads to unpleasant discoveries, like cold used catfood
squishing between toes. It mostly _doesn't_ result in flat cats since Rocky
and Gazelle have figured out that we don't see them on a dark wood floor and
scuttle out of the way or chirrup hello. But occaisionally....

LB couldn't sleep a few nights ago so she walked into the living room and
sat down on the sofa. Gazelle was profoundly asleep and ended up under LB's
fundament. Martha was startled by a wriggling _something_ under her bottom
that drug herself up onto the back of couch where she sat _very_ sleepy and
_very_ puzzled about what just happenned. Scratches under the chin and
behind the ears put the world right. Or as right as it can be for our dear
dim kitten mill Lynx Point.

Old January 23rd 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Paul F Austin wrote:
LB and I mostly navigate our house at night without turning on any lights.
Sometimes that leads to unpleasant discoveries, like cold used catfood
squishing between toes. It mostly _doesn't_ result in flat cats since Rocky
and Gazelle have figured out that we don't see them on a dark wood floor and
scuttle out of the way or chirrup hello. But occaisionally....

LB couldn't sleep a few nights ago so she walked into the living room and
sat down on the sofa. Gazelle was profoundly asleep and ended up under LB's
fundament. Martha was startled by a wriggling _something_ under her bottom
that drug herself up onto the back of couch where she sat _very_ sleepy and
_very_ puzzled about what just happenned. Scratches under the chin and
behind the ears put the world right. Or as right as it can be for our dear
dim kitten mill Lynx Point.

(LB?) It doesn't have to be night, or even dark, for me to sit on cats.
It's become quite a bad habit for me, especially if they've fallen
asleep under the blanket covering my chair. Nikki got sat on several
times, but she never seemed to learn. She never seemed to mind much,
come to think of it. Frank only let it happen once, and then he never
slept in that chair again. Both Miranda and Caliban have been sat on
while they were under the blanket. They both still go under there to sleep.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 23rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Aww, poor things. Otis has this annoying habit which I'm accustomed to
but DH isn't. If I go downstairs to the bathroom in the middle of the
night, or when I come down in the morning, Otis is ALWAYS standing
behind the living room door, he has to be locked downstairs at night
for various reasons. I know he's going to do it so I open the door
gently, having once knocked him for six, but if DH comes down before me
(Otis doesn't do it if I'm already down) - then he flies half way
across the room, silly silly cat! Very cute, adorable, but totally
brainless Otis, we love him for it.

Old January 24th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:38:57p, Marina wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

(LB?) It doesn't have to be night, or even dark, for me to sit
on cats. It's become quite a bad habit for me, especially if
they've fallen asleep under the blanket covering my chair. Nikki
got sat on several times, but she never seemed to learn. She
never seemed to mind much, come to think of it. Frank only let
it happen once, and then he never slept in that chair again.
Both Miranda and Caliban have been sat on while they were under
the blanket. They both still go under there to sleep.

This is like yesterday with poor Scarlett. I was washing the bed
linen and I put the blanket and quilt on the floor and left them
there while washing. Before making up the bed I went to scoop the
litter tray that's in my room (a holdover from when Shadow had
perpetual runs, but the others are used to it being there, so I
left it) and had to walk over the pile of blanket and quilt. I
stepped partly onto the edge, felt something that felt like legs,
and before my full weight was on one foot while transferring to the
other, I had to retract that one foot-fall and ended up on the
floor myself. LOL Pulled everything off of my dresser trying to
keep from falling. Scared the crap out of all of them. Scarlett
wasn't injured, but she could have easily been very hurt. She
*never* lays under blankets, on the floor or not on the floor.

--
Cheryl
Old January 24th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Paul F Austin wrote:
[...]

LB is my Lovely Bride. Who is (shhh) dearer to me than all the cats put
together.

Topaz, one of our grey and white mackerel tabbies used to sleep under the
blanket all day. Since we are notably casual housekeepers, the blanket was a
forest of lumps and bumps, one of which hid a cat. So we'd palpate the
blanket until we got a sleepy chirrrup. Then we'd know where it was safe to
sit.

Old January 24th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Paul F Austin wrote:

LB is my Lovely Bride. Who is (shhh) dearer to me than all the cats put
together.

Ah, I see. Steve has a cat called Li'l Bit whom he calls LB for short,
so I got confused. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Attn: MaryL, re>having trouble introducing a new cat Gregory Bailey Cat health & behaviour 8 September 17th 05 11:19 PM
RPCA: Humans and Time (repost of story from 2003) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 September 14th 05 01:01 PM
Becoming Friends--In Their Own Time Mary Cat anecdotes 6 March 14th 05 08:17 PM
Grant RIP Karen Cat anecdotes 91 March 5th 05 05:08 PM
15 yr old cat with dislocated hips, Is it his time to be put down? LITTLEMISSCONNIE Cat health & behaviour 10 May 9th 04 05:20 PM