got my kitten!

Old July 11th 03, 02:04 AM
Karen Chuplis

Default got my kitten!

in article , neters at
wrote on 7/10/03 7:33 PM:

hey all -
i just wanted anyone who might possibly be interested know that i ended up
getting the kitten from the shelter that we thought might have feline
asthma. we haven't decided on how to spell his name but it's opie/hopi. the
shelter had a vet check him out before his neutering on monday and he didn't
find anything wrong with him. he is active and eats/drinks but he breaths
so loud! we don't worry about loosing him in our apartment because all we
have to do is turn off the radio/tv and we can hear him. i have an
appointment with our vet for next wednesday for the second round of boosters
and to find out what is causing his loud breathing.
now for my two questions...
1. do cats snore when they sleep? or is this a by product of whatever is
causing the loud breathing? when he's sleeping it sounds like a snore, when
he's awake it sounds like he is purring but has a runny nose.

I bet it's from the breathing problem. He may very well grow out of it.

2. do cats pass gas? he'll start curling up around us, or will be sleeping,
and all of a sudden we get a rift of a horrible smell. i know dogs can pass
gas but can cats? i suppose they could... he has nutro natural choice dry
all da and 1/4 can of nutro natural choice at night (chicken and liver
flavor).

Sure they can. It can be the worst stench ever. Mine have rarely done it,
but I know some people whose cats regularly let rip. His system should calm
down when he becomes accustomed to everything.

Congrats!

Thanks!!!!!

Old July 11th 03, 02:16 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"neters" wrote:

[...]

Oh, yes. Some of my cats have snored at times, and some of them have
farted.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Old July 11th 03, 04:31 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Laura R." wrote in message
.net...
circa Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:51:20 -0500, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
MaryL ) said,
I also think that cats dream. I
will sometimes see their little legs move or ears twitch while they are
asleep.

Definitely. Mine have even "chittered" in their sleep.

Dreams full of birds!

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Laura

Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Purrs for sick kitten, please Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 46 May 9th 04 03:00 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM