Road trip update

Old December 14th 03, 08:00 PM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Mahoney

Default Road trip update

Cleopatra Murrrrow, all. I apologize for not keeping you
all up to date on the Road Trip, but I've been extremely
busy. When I agreed to pilot this RV I had no idea how
energetic kittens can be.

The Thanksgiving dinner and Toni Bennett's going-away party
were wonderful, and all the kittys that filled up on turkey
were overdosed on tryptophan and fell asleep almost as soon
as they returned to the RV. Those that mostly stuck to sweets,
which included many of the kittens, were on a sugar high that
lasted for the better part of a day.

We made good time once we left the truck stop, and pretty
quickly found ourselves at Merrimac Caverns. Several kitties
had expressed an interest in seeing them, so we stopped there.
I believe that the staff had not been informed that my Royal
Personage was going to be visiting, so my arrival took them
by surprise. I have trouble understanding some of the more
obscure human dialects, but the greeting we received when we
pulled in to the parking lot sounded something like:
"Golly, Vern, lookkee there! There's a pussycat driving
that thar RV-home!" "G'wan, kittycats cain't drive. Well
I'll be, there do be a kittycat driving! Hey, y'all come
lookee here!". And so we had a solid phalanx of humans to
greet us.

As soon as the RV doors opened, though, a handful of uncontrollable
kittens (led by Samuel Redkitten) bounded off the RV and
in to the caverns. Two hours later they had still not returned,
so a search party consisting of Amelia and Clarence went off
into the caverns looking for them. When the search party hadn't
returned by midnight, another search party was sent in. This
group found the kittens and herded them out, but didn't find
any sign of the first search party. Those two came sauntering
out of the caverns near day-break, claiming to have become
lost. Hmmph.

grumble darned mischievous little kittens, ought to keep
them locked up until they're three.../grumble

We've now passed through the state of Missouri, and are headed
towards our next target, Oklahoma City. Samuel Redkitten wants
to visit Tinker Air Force Base, but the thought of the sorts
of trouble he could cause there...

We'll see.

Old December 16th 03, 04:19 PM
Miss Violette

I agree with you, I am thinking maybe we can just take a driving tour and
not let any kittens out, How does that sound?, Miss Violette
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Mahoney wrote in
message ...

Old December 16th 03, 08:13 PM
Sylvia M.

Hmmm....
I yam not uh kitten enny mooor, an I needz tu stretsh mine bonez
neow n dennn....an dirt iz gudgud tu skratsh in...

Heowz zabowt juzt stoppin in Rezt Ayeriaz an furr gettin owt?
Weez kud get stuff frum da put-kwarterz- musheenz.
Wen we needz gaz, den we wunt let ennykitty owt, tho.

Watcha say???

Dyna, 6 1/2 yeerz owld

Old December 16th 03, 08:47 PM

Sylvia M. wrote:
Hmmm....
I yam not uh kitten enny mooor, an I needz tu stretsh mine bonez
neow n dennn....an dirt iz gudgud tu skratsh in...

Heowz zabowt juzt stoppin in Rezt Ayeriaz an furr gettin owt?
Weez kud get stuff frum da put-kwarterz- musheenz.
Wen we needz gaz, den we wunt let ennykitty owt, tho.

Watcha say???

Dyna, 6 1/2 yeerz owld

I think if we avoid stopping at places like caverns and Air Force Bases
and other areas where kittens canget into trouble, we'll probably be ok.
Hold on, I have an idea...

dashes to teleporter and disappears, reappears a couple of minutes
later with a large cloth bag in her mouth

Here - a whole bunch of GPS transponders! We'll just slip one onto each
kitten as they leave the RV. Then if need be we can just aim the 'porter
to their coordinates and zap them right back into the RV.

Cleo

Old December 17th 03, 12:51 AM
Miss Violette

That is fine and do you know what, the put quarters in the rest area is
where my soft and furry work, but you guys already passed it up, Rest areas
are nice because there are usually lots of trees, I am just trying to keep
these kittens contained, Would you like some nip tee to relax with until we
stop?, Miss Violette, starting to make warmed tea...

Old December 17th 03, 12:55 AM
Miss Violette

TV stares in awe at his new friend, you isa asa smart asa you isa beautiful
and regal, dis is ann excellent iderment anna den we ken getz out wifout
worrin 'bout kittens,,,, TV in total amazement
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat wrote in
message ...

Kitty Road Trip OU812? Cat anecdotes 4 July 12th 04 12:05 AM
Road Trip Starting! ChildFree23 Cat community 88 November 22nd 03 12:57 AM