Another kitten question (sorry)

Old November 12th 04, 01:52 AM
Priscilla Ballou

Default Another kitten question (sorry)

In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

They are so adorable. Feeling better, and so very active. They are
each eating 2 cans (3 oz cans) of Innova per day now. Is that about
right? I haven't looked up the calorie content (though I know it is
high enough in fat for kittens), or their calorie requirements as
little kittens, I just feed them all they want to eat for now. They
eat very, very little dry food, though I leave out kitten dry
Wellness mixed with Kitten chow (to wean them off the Kitten Chow);
they know the good stuff. Funny, up until I got them Saturday, all
they'd ever eaten had been dry Kitten Chow. I did notice on Saturday
when I brought them home that they would practically dive into the
water dish and drink a lot of water, but they have evened out now in
that regard. They must have been very dehydrated eating the dry food
all the time.

The other night at the vet they were weighed, and Rhett was 3 lbs,
Scarlett was 2 lbs. Do little kittens really eat more than my 11 lb
Shamrock does? They have regular bowel movements, even, and I only
see poop once per day when I clean the box.

Francis, who is probably just over 4 lbs now, will one day not eat very
much and then the next act like he has four hollow legs. Yesterday he
ate more than any of my adult cats (12-14 lbs), but today he's just
nibbling. He's not sick or anything. It's just that the growing
sometimes needs more input that other times, I think. Tomorrow I'll
probably have to open 3 cans for him. Today he's had about one small
can of kitten food (in two servings) and some minced chicken and a
little dry kitten food. Day before yesterday he ate half a large can of
cat food, demanded many tastes of my dinner, and then wolfed down a
goodly saucer of minced chicken. (He was on cat food, which he likes
the taste of better, while I was moving him from grazing to set meal
times. He's now out in the general population, so I can't leave a dish
of dry kitten food out. The big cats are already too big!

Priscilla
Old November 12th 04, 02:18 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

I've enjoyed reading your posts about Francis.

Thanks. He's such a doll -- when he's not climbing up my leg or biting
me or sending me to Urgent Care with a deep scratch in my cornea!

Priscilla
Old November 12th 04, 04:43 AM
Rhonda

Hi Priscilla,

What in the world were you doing putting your cornea in the way of his
claw?

Rhonda

Old November 12th 04, 12:39 PM
Rob

our new kitten (4 months now) eats more than any of our adult cats.
the adults eat around 5 oz. of wellness a day, give or take, the kitten
eats at least that much plus snacks a couple times a day. she's also
always the first one done eating and wants to move on to the other
cats' bowls. i dunno where she puts it all.

--
Cheryl

kitten eating question Michal Cat health & behaviour 22 October 11th 04 12:25 AM
Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Stinky Kitten Question aisleb Cat health & behaviour 6 July 12th 04 03:09 PM