Kitty Story Project

Old September 1st 04, 05:10 AM
Tanada

Default Kitty Story Project

THE WAR
By Pam Shirk

Axes Flash, broadsword swing,
Shining armour’s piercing ring
Horses run with polished shield,
Fight those b*st*rds till they yield
Midnight mare and blood red roan
Fight to keep this land your own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die! *

The cat sat up at attention as he heard the skirling of bagpipes and
thumping of drums. The hoomins had THAT music on again. In the back of
his mind, the lone Scottish Wild Cat in his ancestry yowled in a
combination of recognition and surprise. In an instant the cat came to
a decision, it was time to do something about the cat in the window.

The cat in the window had come into his life two claws of paws ago. One
day it was there staring at him. He walked up to sniff it and was
immediately puzzled and dismayed. He could see it, but he couldn’t hear
or smell it. His hoomin told him to get away from that clean window,
and he could smell the cleaner on it, but couldn’t smell the cat in the
window. He sniffed the window again and looked up to see the cat in the
window looking at him eye to eye. It had been like that ever since.
Every thing he did, the cat in the window mocked him by doing also. The
cat found it frustrating and did everything he could think of to
distract the cat in the window, but it still imitated him, copying every
move he made and meowing silently back at his angry yowls.

Follow orders as you’re told,
Make their yellow blood run cold
Fight until you die or drop,
A force like ours is hard to stop
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till you’re no longer sane
Let not one d*mn cur pass by,
How many of them can we make die! *

The cat thought carefully about his moves. If he just rushed in and
attacked the window, the cat in the window would do the same. He could
sneak up to the window from the side, but he’d tried that before and it
hadn’t worked. He hadn’t tried “death from above” on the cat in the
window yet, maybe that would work. There was a fireplace next to the
window, so maybe he could use the mantle as a launching sight. Does the
cat in the window have a fireplace of his own, the cat wondered. Could
he be launching an attack at me while I’m launching one at him? What
were other options for an attack? Would any of these work better than
using “death from above?”

The cat thought and thought his way into a much-needed nap. He dreamed
about the cat in the window. They had a final drawn out battle, gray
tabby against gray tabby, rolling around on the floor yowling and
shedding fur in their anger and pain. The cat woke up as the cat in the
window bit into his neck. He shook his head imagining blood spattering
on the floor, and yowled his anger. He was sure that he could have
taken the cat in the window had he been given a few more minutes of
sleep. Anyway, it was now time for the showdown.

Guard your women and children well,
Send these b*st*rds back to h*ll
We’ll teach them the ways of war,
They won’t come here any more
Use your shield and use your head,
Fight till everyone is dead
Raise the flag up to the sky,
How many of them can we make die! *

The cat listened for the skirling of bagpipes and the thump of the
drums, but all he heard was the rapid bleat of his heart. He knew that
he had to march now, or he would never have the courage to take on the
cat in the window. He licked his ruffled fur into place and planned his
attack. He would sidle into the room, climb on the mantle and pounce on
the cat in the window, from above.

Before he could back down, the cat sidled into the room and around to
the side as he’d planned. He didn’t dare look at the window for fear
that he’d see the cat in the window watching him back and figuring out
his plans. He reached the fireplace without incident and jumped up onto
the mantle. As he ran the length of it, he heard a hoomin enter the
room. He ignored it. Reaching the end of the mantle he leaped at the
cat in the window, which, he had time to notice, was leaping back. The
two crashed into the window simultaneously. The cat heard the hoomin
exclaiming in dismay then rushing over to pick him up. He heard nothing
from the cat in the window.

Dawn has broke, the time has come,
Move your feet to a marching drum
We’ll win the war and pay the toll,
We’ll fight as one in heart and soul
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to keep this land your own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How many of them can we make die! *

He wiggled away from the hoomin and attacked the cat in the window
again and again, growling and hisspitting his anger and pain at the
interloper. Finally, the hoomin was able to grab him in mid-leap and
carry him away. He wept his grief and frustration into his hoomin’s
neck. Behind him, the cat in the window blinked.

The End

*From “The March of Cambreadth”
By Heather Alexander
http://www.heatherlands.com

Old September 1st 04, 02:39 PM
CatNipped

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
THE WAR
By Pam Shirk

snipped wonderful story

VERY good Pam!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 1st 04, 02:39 PM
CatNipped

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
THE WAR
By Pam Shirk

snipped wonderful story

VERY good Pam!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 1st 04, 02:44 PM
Dan M

Here is Samuel R Kitten's story. With a little luck, Amelia's will
follow later today.

A Tale of Three Greeblings
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

When my humans adopted me, rescuing me from a life on the streets, they
told me all about the wonderful things they had to offer: a nice, warm
place to sleep, plenty of good food and clean water, lots of great kitty
toys, all the love I could handle, and protection from external enemies.
It sounded wonderful then, and it still does now. What they didn't
mention were the dangers I would be facing - grevious dangers! I've
since learned that this nondisclosure on their part was not motivated by
an attempt to deceive me, they are simply unaware of these dangers. You
see, humans are quite unable to see, hear, smell, or otherwise sense the
presence of greeblings.

For those who don't know, greeblings are nasty, vile little creatures
with sharp teeth, wicked claws, keen eyes, and a malice that knows no
bounds. They hide from humans but often seem not to fear their only
natural predator, cats. Greeblings delight in causing mischief and
damage, from simple stunts like dumping over garbage cans to attempting
to set fire to houses. They often steal food, even raiding closed
refrigerators and locked cabinets. When humans are unable to find a
treasured possession, something that they have seen or held just
recently, it is usually due to greeblings spiriting that possession away.

In our household we see primarily two varieties of greebling. We see a
lot of brown-spotted carpet greeblings, and vast numbers of green-scaled
lawn greeblings. A few examples of other species show up occasionaly,
but they are relatively rare.

This morning is a good example of the dangers I and my feline family
members face. I awoke around 4:00 AM like usual, and made a quick patrol
of the house to see if anything was happening. Prowling through the dark
living room I heard a soft, furtive rustle from behind the oak cabinet.
Approaching stealthily and with my senses fully directed toward the
region the noises were coming from I was all prepared to pounce on the
greebling I suspected was hiding there. I was completely unprepared for
what came next - a cowardly attack from above and behind! As I drew
close to the cabinet a greebling that had been hiding on top out of my
line of sight shoved a heavy glass candle holder off the edge, barely
missing my head! At the same moment a third viscious beast jumped from
hiding under the coffee table and attacked my hind feet and tail with
his teeth. Hearing the noise of the candle holder sliding off the edge
above me, I was able to dodge to the side just before the candle holder
would have beaned me. At the same time I was able to tuck my head in,
roll into a circle, and grab the third greebling in my teeth,
dispatching him after a brief battle. As soon as I finished off the
third greebling I heard sounds of battle coming from the bathroom.
Dashing over there I saw my tiny sister Fluffybutt in mortal combat with
an entire herd of rare slime greeblings that had snuck out of the shower
drain. She was fighting a noble fight, but a small kitten can hold off
only so many greeblings at once. I immediately joined the battle, and
between the two of us we finished off over a dozen of the beasts and
drove the rest back down the shower drain. Fluffybutt and I tended to
each other's wounds, knowing that letting our humans see our injuries
would only complicate things.

About this time our meowmie was getting out of bed to prepare for work.
She always opens the back door to let us kitties out, as we all really
love our outdoor time. Our two older sisters, Cleocatra and Ameliagrump,
also finally got out of bed and joined us. All four of us went outside,
enjoying the fresh air, the buggie hunting, and the big outdoor litter
box. Once the neccessities of personal hygiene were tended to, we began
our regular group patrol of the yard.

We have a regular routine in the yard. Tabitha and Amelia lead off, and
head straight to the far left and far right corners of the yard. I come
next, running straight for the center of the yard. Cleocatra follows,
heading along the base of the wall checking for beasties hiding in the
high grass. You see, we have to be extra alert outside because of Grizzlxx.

The green-scaled lawn greeblings live underground, coming above-ground
just long enough to wreak havoc then returning to their dark, dank
holes. They are led by a very old, grizzled greebling who's name is
something like Grizzlxx (it's hard to render it accurately, since kitty
mouths aren't built to pronounce greebling). When it's time for them to
launch a raid, Old G sends up a small scout party to check out the
locations of the enemy (us kitties), then when he gets the report from
the scouts he sends up his large invasion force. He himself hides in the
shadows, right outside the chain link fence we can't cross. When it
looks like his forces are about to be wiped out he dashes back down his
hole to keep himself safe. Unfortunately he remembers the tactics we
use, and trains the next generation of greebling warriors what to expect
from us and how to counter our moves. We have known for along time that
we need to get rid of Old G, but haven't been able to do anything about
him since he always hides. But this morning Cleocatra had an idea - a
brilliant idea!

This morning both Ameliagrump and Tabitha Fluffybutt made a dash
straight for the greebling-hold that Old G hides in, and made loud
hissy-pounces at the hole. Amelia even reached her long paws through the
fence as if she was trying to catch Old G. But the two girlcats were
just creating a distraction. While they were scaring the greeblings,
Cleocatra ran silently up beind them, made a perfect leap all the way to
the top of the fence, and hid herself on top of the wooden fence behind
the chain link fence. You see, Cleocatra is the only kitty small enough
and strong enough to leap all the way up without touching the Sting
Wire. All the rest of us have to climb the fence, and when we touch the
Sting Wire it bites us and makes us drop back to the ground.

Anyway, we all resumed our usual yard patrols. Since Cleo is small and
grey and stealthy, it's almost impossible to see her when she stalks the
base of the wall. So the greeblings didn't notice that one of the
kitties was missing. We saw the greeblings scout come out, but we
ignored them and pretended we didn't see them. A couple minutes later we
saw the rest of the invasion force coming out - but still we ignored
them. When the attack-greeblings were almost upon us we turned,
recognized, and gave battle. However, we held back on our battle - we
fought only half-heartedly. We let the greeblings think that they were
gaining ground. That caused Old G to get all excited, and he came a
little ays out of his hole to shout directions to his troops. Us three
kitties then fell back a little further, and this got Old G even more
excited. We finally allowed ourselves to get backed into a corner of the
yard. This got Old G so excited he was beside himself! He was almost
dancing in glee. He finally forgot his caution and came a few inches
into the yard to get a better view.

That was all Cleocatra needed. Before he even knew what hit him, all of
Cleocatra's 6 pounds landed on top of Old G, claws first. Cleocatra
finished him off before he got off a squeak. Cleo yowled at us, and we
took that as our signal to REALLY fight greeblings. We were so irritated
at the little monsters by this time that polishing off the rest of the
troops was a pleasure. We laid waste to the entire troop of beasties in
less than a minute. Cleocatra kicked a few pieces of Old G's remains
back into the greebling hole, so that those below would know that their
venerated leader and victorious general was no longer.

That marked the end of our morning yard greebling battles, for at least
a while. It is truly wonderful to be able to go out into the yard, roll
around in the grass, and hunt flutterbys. all without having to worry
about those nasty monsters. Now if we can figure out how to get rid of
the leader of the brown-spotted carpet greeblings....

Old September 1st 04, 03:53 PM
CatNipped

"Dan M" wrote in message ...
Here is Samuel R Kitten's story. With a little luck, Amelia's will follow
later today.

A Tale of Three Greeblings
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

snip lively adventure tale

Hurray! Encore, encore.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 1st 04, 04:09 PM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
Here is Samuel R Kitten's story. With a little luck, Amelia's will
follow later today.

A Tale of Three Greeblings
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

Fantastic!! Good job, Samuel R!

Jill

Old September 1st 04, 04:18 PM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
THE WAR
By Pam Shirk

Behind him, the cat in the window blinked.

The End

*From “The March of Cambreadth”
By Heather Alexander
http://www.heatherlands.com