ah, now what? Skin problems.

Old May 13th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default ah, now what? Skin problems.

Suddenly, without warning, cybercat exclaimed (13-May-07 3:01 AM):
"jmc" wrote in message
Recently, I noticed that the hair on Meep's belly seems thinner than
normal. I've not been sure, so I've just kept an eye on it. Today when I
checked, I noticed two things:

A couple of red spots, looks like bites. She's on Stronghold/Revolution,
so they shouldn't be flea bites.

Why on earth is she on flea poison at her age?

Do you let this old cat outside????

Well, duh, so she doesn't get fleas. She reacts badly to most topicals,
Stronghold is the only one she tolerates.

Yes, I do. She goes outside under supervision, in our fenced back yard.
She's happier with some outdoor time.

BTW, the red spots are healing, so no worries there. The little bare
spot's still there though.

jmc
Old May 13th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Bluedove exclaimed (13-May-07 5:07 AM):
JMC,

Stop the 'Revolution', period. I really don't trust that stuff. Case in
point, when I recently went in a vets office to pick up some California
Natural dry food, a young woman walked in with her cat wrapped in a blanket.
The lady behind the counter had been pushing me into buying "Revolution",
but since I know this stuff is a major pesticide, I declined. I asked the
woman who came in with her cat what was wrong with her cat? And then she
said, "Oh, she's had a bad skin reaction to some thing I put on her". I
asked what it was? She said, "Revolution". JMC, believe me when I say to
you that this isn't the first time I have heard this, either.

There are* herbal types of flea collars for cats that my health food store
sells, and that's exactly what I plan on buying for my 4 cat babies from now
on.

ML

Flea collars don't work on the whole animal. I used to use them - my
previous cat had fleas just on her bum, when she had a flea collar.
She's been on Revolution for quite a while, with no problems. She can't
tolerate Frontline/Frontline Plus at all.

A small round spot on her belly is hardly indication of a reaction to
Revolution, which is applied between her shoulders.

The spots are nearly gone now. I looked at them more closely, and I
think she may have crouched down on some of our spikey grass. I'm
working on getting rid of it in the areas she frequents, so hopefully
that won't be a problem for much longer.

jmc
Old May 13th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Matilda exclaimed (13-May-07 12:57 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message

Also, further up and dead on her centerline, is a perfectly round area
with no hair, around 1.5cm or 1/2", give or take. It's a bit odd looking.
It doesn't look like ringworm, the skin isn't scaly, but there's tiny
squiggly dark spots around the edges of the bald area - seems like a
discoloration but probably aren't.

Why don't you post a picture somewhere?

Because holding my cat on her back while trying to take a picture isn't
worth the effort (she doesn't like being on her back) when she'll be
going to the vet next week anyway.

If it'd been on her ear or something, would have already been posted

jmc
Old May 13th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On May 13, 7:12 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"Barry" wrote

Why don't you post a picture somewhere?

you talking to me? my ass? pictures?

brb

You are in so much trouble.

:

no, I really have an ass out back.
His name is Fenway

Just got him a few days ago?

Old May 13th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 13, 7:12 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"Barry" wrote

Why don't you post a picture somewhere?

you talking to me? my ass? pictures?

brb

You are in so much trouble.

:

no, I really have an ass out back.
His name is Fenway

Oh, FENWAY. hahaha!

Old May 13th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jmc" wrote
A small round spot on her belly is hardly indication of a reaction to
Revolution, which is applied between her shoulders.

It's systemic. She's getting OLD.

Old May 13th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On May 13, 12:32 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Barry" wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 13, 7:12 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"Barry" wrote

Why don't you post a picture somewhere?

you talking to me? my ass? pictures?

brb

You are in so much trouble.

:

no, I really have an ass out back.
His name is Fenway

Oh, FENWAY. hahaha!

yeah.... Fenway, I call him Fen

He's actually pretty smart, not like a typical ass.

Old May 13th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote

He's actually pretty smart, not like a typical ass.

I would never expect you to have a typical ass.

You know, I think Fenway would be a fine name
for a big orange tabby boy if I should ever be so lucky
as to get one.

Old May 13th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On May 13, 1:12 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

You know, I think Fenway would be a fine name
for a big orange tabby boy if I should ever be so lucky
as to get one.

You come down here and hang out in the weeds a little bit, you'll
catch the one I saw down thar by the sto

Old May 14th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 13, 1:12 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

You know, I think Fenway would be a fine name
for a big orange tabby boy if I should ever be so lucky
as to get one.

You come down here and hang out in the weeds a little bit, you'll
catch the one I saw down thar by the sto

I can't have one right now! We have a two-cat maximum.

But tell me about him.

Great big or wiry? Dark red or ginger or cream?
Sweet and friendly or wary?