Mini-blind cord ties?

Old August 22nd 05, 06:24 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:37:43 GMT, Diane
wrote:

I've got mini-blinds. Currently, I leave them up (Hodge literally chewed
up aluminum ones; these are vinyl, so I'm sure he'd have a field day if
he could reach them), with the cords thrown up into the slats out of
reach (or he'd chew them, too). Can anyone recommend a gadget or
something to put the pull cords into to get them out of a cat's way? TIA.

Do you know how to make a rigger's gasket? Hank the cord around your
hand and make the last loop triple-length (or more, for decorative
purposes). That you wrap around the mid-point of the hank and pass
the tip (which will be a loop) through the hank on one side of the
wrap. Hook that loop on a picture hanger. It looks spiffy if you get
it right, with the plastic tip of the cord on the inside of the hank
at the bottom. There is also a double-ended slip knot that looks
good. Pick up a knot book, it's more fun than a gadget.

Charlie
Old August 23rd 05, 01:14 AM
Spot

Spray the cords with bitter apple. That should keep him from chewing on
them.

Celeste

--
Web site: http://www.slywy.com/